Local DS4 Multiplayer - Steam Link

For anyone who may be running Retroarch on Steam Link I’ve recently lost functionality with multiplayer games (controller 2 & 3).

Previously DS4 and DS3 controllers worked out-of-box for all multiplayer Retroarch games in Steam Link Big Picture.

ISSUE:

1. When entering any Retroarch game (bnes, bsnes_balanced, glupen64, etc.) from Steam Link Big Picture mode, one controller will work and the other(s) will not. The additional controllers will connect and register on-screen in Retroarch but when the game launches the interface only responds to one controller.
  2. Retroarch menu also no longer appears when the Home button is pressed on the controller. (it used to)

EXPECTATION: When entering a Retroarch game through Big Picture, up to 4 DS4 controllers should be playable through Steam Link.

NOTES: -No settings were updated on my PC or within the Steam software or Steam Link settings. This was working <30-45 days ago. -PS4 controllers are connected and configured within Big Picture. —Also tried to use controllers as Generic inputs within Big Picture settings. -DS3 are potentially a fallback option but would hope to keep the DS4s for all Steam Link games.

QUESTIONS:

1. Are there any settings within Retroarch or Big Picture Mode I should ensure for this to function smoothly? All DS4 controllers work with PCSX2 and Dolphin emulators.
  2. Is this a known issue resolved in the most recent Retroarch version?

---------Current HW info:---------------- -Steam Link Beta build FW: 610 (Also confirmed with public v606) -Steam Link Beta Build Windows SW: v017 (latest public SW also tried) -Retroarch v 1.4.0 -Windows 10 PC -3 DS4 controllers

Seems like a rare issue as I’ve found nothing on this in the Steam Link threads either. Either way, I really appreciate any advice/suggestions. Let me know if I can provide any more info.