Looking for game covers

Hello,

I would love to be able to have covers for the NES, SNES, Atari 2600 games I have on my PS3/Retroarch machine. I have seen people on youtube achieve this, and I have found the download covers option right in the Retroarch software. I tried using the download covers option but it gets to 1-2% then just stalls. Is there any direct download for covers? where can I manually put the covers if I could direct download?

I did manage to get the PS1, PS2 covers to work in webman, not sure if this info helps or not.

There was a tool from emumovies that downloaded all the media you need. That’s how i made my setup. Not sure if that’s still a thing though. If i were you i would visit the site, make an account and ask/search there.

You can get them from here afaik.

This is very close to what I am looking for!!

is there any threads/tutorials/stickys that I can follow to apply this many box cover arts to the ROMS? just the NES/SNES/Sega/2600 is probably 3000 games. I need a way to do this in bulk. and how do I link the box art to the ROM? Where do I save the box art on the PS3? is it in the same folder as the ROM?

If I am willing to sit and download all 3000 box arts one at a time, has anyone else had success being able to see box art in the home screen of Retro Arch? Right now I have the ROMS separated by console and Retro Arch gave me little icons of the corresponding console controller to help organize NES from SNES and the rest. It is my goal to click on the Atari 2600 joystick icon and then see box art identifying the game.

You can use a git client (they’re a bit unwieldy though if you’re not a developer) to download everything at once. As for usage, you just put them in the thumbnails directory preserving the exact directory and filename structure from github and they just work.

They work by comparing the filename of the rom and the filename of the cover, so if a cover doesn’t show up for your rom - change its filename to match the cover’s.

I don’t know about the PS3 version but you normally just use the Online Updater to download those and somewhere in the settings you enable Retroarch to display the artwork.

See here for more info on the whole setup

https://docs.libretro.com/guides/roms-playlists-thumbnails/

FYI With GitHub you can download the repo as a zip. No need to DL one by one

http://thumbnailpacks.libretro.com

WOW!!! this is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you to everyone. I will try these out and report back

Hi! Did it work? I’d like to make my retroarch on PS3 showing the games covers too.