Looking for working RetroArch PC file

Looking for anyone to give me a copy of their RetroArch for PC (Win8)

Mine doesn’t work, DL’ing a new one doesn’t work… if someone can zip and send me their working copy I can figure out what’s wrong quicker by narrowing it down to it definitely being something missing on my computer itself.

P.S. is Github a PC dependency?

No, github is just a website/code repository. End-users never need to touch it.

I’ve used lordashram’s 7/30 build from the development subforum and it’s worked fine on my win8 64bit machine, so you should be able to use it for testing.

Well at LEAST I now get a result for the error…

RetroArch [WARN] :: “libretro_path” is a directory, using this for “libretro_dir ectory” instead. RetroArch [WARN] :: [libretro WARN] :: Save directory is not defined. Fallback o n using SYSTEM directory … RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Rumble interface supported! RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Loading C:\ROMS\Oddworld - Abe’s Exoddus (Disc 1)
Oddworld - Abe’s Exoddus (Disc 1).cue… RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Using module: psx(Sony PlayStation) unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port1.gun_chairs unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port2.gun_chairs unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port3.gun_chairs unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port4.gun_chairs unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port5.gun_chairs unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port6.gun_chairs unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port7.gun_chairs unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port8.gun_chairs RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: MDFN_MakeFName: C:\Users\Sumona\Desktop\RetroArch- Win64-2014-07-30\system\scph5501.bin RetroArch [ERROR] :: [libretro ERROR] :: Error opening file No such file or dire ctory terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘MDFN_Error’ what(): Error opening file No such file or directory

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

You’re missing the PSX BIOS. Search “scph5501.bin” on Google and you’ll find a convenient first result in the form of the complete BIOS set for RetroArch. :wink:

not working.

If someone has a working PC version of Retroarch ( PS1 games ) please zip and upload to somewhere like mega.co.nz

Distributing copyrighted BIOS files isn’t really something we want to get into on these forums. Please do not post any links to copyrighted materials here.

… then how do I get my PC version of Retroarch working…

This is ridiculous…

You use google, install the BIOS files in the correct folder and voila. The required files are listed here http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?titl … dnafen_PSX

You use google, install the BIOS files in the correct folder and voila. The required files are listed here http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?titl … dnafen_PSX[/quote]

Where do you get 5001?

I still don’t understand why I can’t just be linked or uploaded a zip of all the BIOS’s I need. I have a PS1, so I’m a legal owner of the software…

It’s because they’re copyrighted files owned by Sony. It doesn’t matter if you own a PS1. That only entitles you to dump your own (and that’s not even true in all jurisdictions). It doesn’t entitle you to copy or distribute those dumps or pass around others’ dumps.

Not linking or distributing copyrighted files on emulation forums is a rule as old as emulation+internets. Just google the filename ‘scph5501.bin’ and you’ll find it.

[QUOTE=hunterk;15923]It’s because they’re copyrighted files owned by Sony. It doesn’t matter if you own a PS1. That only entitles you to dump your own (and that’s not even true in all jurisdictions). It doesn’t entitle you to copy or distribute those dumps or pass around others’ dumps.

Not linking or distributing copyrighted files on emulation forums is a rule as old as emulation+internets. Just google the filename ‘scph5501.bin’ and you’ll find it.[/QUOTE]

It’s stupid, but if you have scph1001.bin you can just rename it to scph5501.bin and it works.