Lr-fba - Keyboard input - Per rom controller config

I have a cocktail cabinet build and need to adjust controller settings for portrait games in lr-fba. I’m running a raspberry pi 3 with the retropie 4.1 build, and I’m using minipac keyboard encoders for the controllers. Players 1 and 2 sit perpendicularly to the 16:9 screen. Players 3 and 4 sit on opposites ends of the screen, cocktail style.

For cocktail and portrail style games (ie pacman, donkey kong, galaga, and shmups like 1941, raiden) I need to set player 1 controls to the player 3 position, and player 2 controls to the player 4 position. In MAME this is absurdly easy to do. My problem is that not all games run in MAME, and I need to use lr-fba for some shmups like Espgaluda and such. If I go into the retroarch menu to Settings, Input, there are sections for the different user binds. I’ve tried setting these binds to the appropriate buttons, and then “Save Game Overrides”, but when I leave and re-launch the game, the keys have gone back to their previous setting.

In lr-fba, how can I change the keyboard inputs to accomplish my goal?

Thank you for your help!

Okay, figured it out So I copied /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg to /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch/config/FB Alpha/espgal.cfg (just happened to be using Espgaluda as a test bed) In this file I changed rotation settings and input settings, and this worked … EXCEPT In the input settings I had: input_player1_a = “’” input_player1_b = “/” input_player1_y = “m” input_player1_x = “,” input_player1_start = “3” input_player1_select = “7” input_player1_l = “;” input_player1_r = “.” input_player1_left = “b” input_player1_right = “n” input_player1_up = “c” input_player1_down = “v” And after looking at the comments in the cfg file I realized I had to change it to: input_player1_a = “quote” input_player1_b = “slash” input_player1_y = “m” input_player1_x = “comma” input_player1_start = “num3” input_player1_select = “num7” input_player1_l = “semicolon” input_player1_r = “period” input_player1_left = “b” input_player1_right = “n” input_player1_up = “c” input_player1_down = “v”

Ah, good catch. Thanks for sharing your solution!