lubuntu and low end amd apu

Hi all. I need advice installing lubuntu on an old laptop i rescue from trash with no lid. Installed lubuntu 17.10 with no problem. kodi works fine with 1080 webm movies and retroarch from repositories works well too.

snes9x2010, picodrive, quicknes, works flawlessly, but there is no way beetlepsx works. Run too slow, but, in the same machine with windows 8.1 runs perfect.

In win8.1 psxfin, epsxe and project64 got no speed problems, so i can imagine is something with drivers. Searching on internet I find that could be amd opensource drivers not well supported. But AMDGPU-PRO driver could be the solution, but, in the other hand, drivers are not compatible with ubuntu 17.10, only 16.04.

Im about to format and install lubuntu 16.04. So, I’m here to get some advices before in install retroarch and kodi 17.03 on the new intallation.

My Laptop

AMD APU e1 2100 1.0Ghz GPU Radeon HD 8210 2Gb ram Lubuntu 17.10 500gb HDD

Thank you very much.

You can’t compare Beetle with others emulators. Beetle/Mednafen uses a lot of CPU resources, while ePSXe has Dynarec which makes it run nicely in low power or old devices