Lynx Core sound problems?

Hi guys. I always play Batman Returns for the Atari Lynx, I recently downloaded a nightly and now the sound is screwed up in this game. It’s very slow and clicks as if the game is running slow but FPS is at 60. I tried a much older lynx core in the new RA and the same thing happens so it’s not a core issue…

It almost sounds like the new run ahead latency addition is mucking with it but I have it completely disabled and the same thing still is happening. I tried a few other games, doesn’t happen with other titles. I don’t know what’s so special with this game that it’s all of a sudden happening. Any ideas?

Definitely a problem with RA, just tried Mednafen standalone, game sound is fine.

Is this problem being posted in the right forum? Asking because I posted a legit bug with the Stella core about color flickering on Air Raiders that has plagued RA for a few years now, no one ever responded to that either and it still exists.

i found this old thread and i’m seeing the same issue. the weird thing is, i know for a fact that a month ago i wasn’t having the issue because i played a bit of this game and it was fine. now i’m seeing the same speed and sound issues that are described here. and batman is the only lynx game having the issue. it’s occurring both in the mednafen core and the handy core.

i’m running retroarch version 1.8.2 and i downloaded a fresh install of 1.8.5 and confirmed that the issue is not present when running from that location. so i’m guessing that in my 1.8.2 setup somewhere along the line i changed a global option which induces the issue, but i can’t figure out what it is. run ahead is turned off. shaders are turned off. scaling is turned off. the issue occurs whether vsync is turned on or off. after i do a backup of my system, i’m going to try doing an in place upgrade to 1.8.5 while keeping all my settings from 1.8.2 and see if the issue carries over or not.

in case anyone else runs into this problem with this extreme corner case and mediocre game, i was able to correct this issue last night by switching to the vulkan video driver.

it’s strange because a month ago this game was working fine for me using the gl driver, but a few weeks ago i upgraded my video card. so i think the gl driver was working fine with the radeon hd5450 but started having this issue when i upgraded to the geforce gt 1030.