Make rgui customizable! ( Suggestion )

You should be able to change rgui’s color! From green ( The default ) to other colors! ( Red, Blue, Yellow, Gray… ) And now that I am thinking about it… you should also be able to change the background color from black to something else too!

…just more customization would be great lol

1 Like

Is this a suggestion or a notice?

Though if people aren’t reading it, I might think (though I don’t know) that most people are using the XMB menu isntead of rgui.

I was under the impression rgui was from a very old version of RetroArch.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING HERE FINALLY lol

It’s an suggestion.

rgui runs on all platforms that RetroArch runs on. ( Wii, DOS, GameCube… ) and also all video drivers. It would be awesome if it was customizable! There are NO options currently to it! It would be nice to change the colors atleast!

( ignore this: dvrfgyishd<jfhzdejfehntqeiczqbvgriqfbhiserhbfzefbhvkqjsgdw<fnetgwthf<iefqzjeh<ifzehqjqyhsdq )

1 Like

i use rgui. i got used to the green though

I never said the green is ugly, it’s just that you can’t change it. I would prefer an blue or something once in an while :slight_smile:

( ignore this too: dsgsjqcfhj<wjxbgwnsdlfvhgqizcu oHZDSQkfwj<ncbBTEHCIJQKHCJSKCJjeqhqhvjCEFHFCEKZHQjcq<j It won’t allow me to reply otherwise, I am not used to the reply system though xD )

I see, well yeah that’d be pretty neat then. I usually change interfaces like this to a deep black background with light orange font. Like some kind of old-school piece of future-tech.

1 Like

Just like your profile pic haha

RGUI user here.

It’s partially customizable by editing retroarch.cfg:

menu_title_color = "FFFF00FF"
menu_entry_normal_color = "FFFFFFFF"
menu_entry_hover_color = "FFFF00FF"
video_message_color = "FFFFFFFF"

Alas, it’s missing is the (green) frame color, which is hardcoded.

Another thing and I don’t want to sound rude, but if you want this to be properly addressed by some dev, you should start doing something about that title. It sounds like “bossing” and you even used an exclamation point. I mean, there is a difference between:

“Get your free beer here NOW!”

and

“Make me a sandwich!”

I don’t mean it was your intention, but think about it :worried:.

NOTE: Color format is “AARRGGBB”, where “A” is for “Alpha”.

1 Like

Sorry, I just am getting tired of the fact that people don’t bother to visit some of my threads :anguished: But nice solution! I’ll change the title asap! Hope you forgive me… ( This forum is so broken lol )

The background color is generated by the rgui_gray_filler and rgui_green_filler functions in menu/drivers/rgui.c. It’s easy enough to make those functions simply return a solid color in RGBA4444 format, but it’s more complicated to modify the color while keeping the checkerboard pattern.

EDIT: Deleted the whole post

Oops, It seems I screewed something in the process… I’m sorry I’ll try again if I find the time :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Hmm, I just took another look at it and it doesn’t seem like I broke anything, but there is something broken… At the top there’s this option called "Enable Settings Tab", when I press button over it, it asks for a password that is always wrong and goes nowhere. Is it just for me or everyone else?

I apologize for derailing the thread, but I need to now what’s going on before I made another patch (or reuse the old one).

At the top there’s this option called “Enable Settings Tab”, when I press button over it, it asks for a password that is always wrong and goes nowhere. Is it just for me or everyone else?

It looks like that was part of the “kiosk mode” that was being added. I don’t think it was intentional for it show up at the top of the RGUI main menu.

In the latest build, that option seems to no longer show up on the RGUI main menu.

2 Likes

Also possibility of adding changing font size in RGUI

2 Likes