Making a TAS with Retroarch?

I know there are special emulators for it, but with the rewind button and some advanced features, I didn’t know if it was possible with Retroarch. NES and SNES would be the ones I’d wanna try this with.

TAS=Tool Assisted Speedrun, which I’m sure most people knew.

Its not because tas requires a stream of inputs like a video but with the current button state for each frame and RetroArch does not support that.(As of April 21 2017 8:45 AM)

we have the BSV(?) recordings, which are input streams, but there’s no coherency checking, so they can get out of sync, and there’s no frame-by-frame-plus-granular-input-control like you find in Bizhawk et al, so you can’t do anything too fancy.

However, rewinding does scroll back in the BSV recording, so you can do a sort of sloppy TAS that’s not frame-perfect but at least doesn’t have you dying a bunch. Ideal for something like a let’s play where you’ll be commentating over the top in post-production.

Ok, thank you. I had forgotten about this thread. Apartment building got shut down and I was without internet for a while.