Making specific games visible

I have RetroArch on PSVita, and I’ve been wondering about how to make specific games visible in the separate console categories in the top menu, without having to go to “Load Content”, “ux0:/”, “RetroArch_Roms”, and then the specific console folder from there.

I did find a way that garners that result for cartridge-based games, but I feel that my method’s illegitimate. I can tell since like, for example, it doesn’t work for CD-based games.

Said method (for cartridge-based games) involved copying an identified game onto Desktop, renaming it to not clash with the original file, temporarily moving the unidentified games over to desktop, renaming each identified copy with the same names as the unidentified files, scanning the directory, renaming each copied entry respectively, deleting the copies, and reinstating the then-unidentified files, so that they can be accessed from the top menu proper.

Is there a proper method for what I was trying to achieve, or no?

Make your own playlists, it’s very helpful for Arcade & CD games. I had the same issue with Sega CD. I use SD2VITA & place my sd card into my phone then use the playlist editor.

https://www.marcrobledo.com/retroarch-playlist-editor/

Open browse content, add .cue files, format should be bin/cue, select all files (empty square at the top left) then select edit content.

Now type the path of the folder with the proper name of the specific console, so I’ll use Sega CD.

ux0:/data/retroarch/roms/Sega - Mega-CD - Sega CD

Select the proper core, so in this example it would be Genesis Plus GX. Now select save playlist. Type the name of the console again - Sega - Mega-CD - Sega CD. And last for core path select app0:/*_libretro.self. Save & transfer to your playlist folder.