MAME (0.174) core - issue saving buttons and screen settings

I have recently installed RetroArch in my GPD XD portable console and I’m impressed with the results so far. Please keep improving this superb software!!

However, I’ve noticed an issue regarding save settings on exiting a game, just like in the original MAME for Windows. When I map the keys in the MAME internal UI or change a screen aspect ratio, the game plays just fine but when I quit the game, all those key mappings/screen settings are lost, so I need to remap the keys and set the screen aspect ratio all over again before playing the games.

So I would like to know if this is a known issue that will be addressed in the future, or if I can actually make the current MAME core to read my settings from a specific folder from my GPD XD. If this is possible, I could take my .cfg and .ini files from my desktop which have all buttons already mapped and store them in my GPD somewhere.

I think you need to create the directory structure manually in your ‘savefile’ directory. Once that structure is there, you should indeed be able to drop your existing cfg/ini files right in.

Hi hunterk, thanks for your reply. However, I couldn’t find the ‘savefile’ directory anywhere in my GPD XD folders. Where it should be located? If it doesn’t exists, do I have to create it as well?

Ok, just wanted to report that this issue is solved. I’ve created a MAME folder inside my ROMS folder and after doing this, MAME started saving my settings.