MAME 1.2 default.cfg

Thanks for all of the hard work on 1.2. It’s been great so far.

A few questions when you have time.

1. In 1.02 I would remap MAME’s pause key to the Back button on XInput. The next game I loaded would respect this. It looks like it got saved here as default.cfg: RetroArch-v1.0.0.2-64-bit\system\mame\cfg\default.cfg

Does this exist in 1.2? It doesn’t appear to be saving after I make changes. This is really all I need to get moved to 1.2.

1. Is there a way to increase the font size in the xmb interface? I tried playing with the various DPI settings.

2. Can I hide the mouse cursor in MAME when using an overlay? I have been using a third-party application called nomousy to toggle it via a batch file.

1. MAME saves nvram and cfg stuff inside save\mame instead of system\mame now. You may have to create a mame folder plus cfg and nvram folders inside of it if they aren’t created automatically.

2. Dunno about this. I think the DPI settings only effect GLUI.

3. You could use a border shader instead of an overlay so you don’t trigger the cursor showing up. One is: shaders\borders\1080p\imgborder.cgp. You can modify the border-1080p.png in that folder into whatever kind of border you want. There are a couple other resolutions in the borders folder too.