Mame 2003+ doubt

Mame 2003+ is a good fullset foir retrogames 70,80, 90s or does it have a lot of bad roms dumps and a lot of errors?

All of this is covered in the documentation, you should read it.

I read it but I was confused and didn’t understand much

Which romset has the best balance between accuracy faithful to the original arcades and good performance without consuming too many resources?

Is FBNEO more accurate compared to the old mame fullset? I never used FBNeo

ΜΑΜΕ 2003 is 20 years old as you can guess. There have been a lot of fixes, even in simple old games, since then.

What hardware do you want to use? What stops you from using the current MAME core?

Anyway, just use the most recent MAME version your hardware can handle. The most common romsets are 0.36 (2000), 0.78 (2003) and 0.139 (2010). So if you can’t use the current version, try the 2010 one. And if you are going to use the 2003 one, at least use the “Plus” version since it has some more modern updates in it.

Also, use FBNeo for all the games it supports and use whatever MAME version for the rest.

I like something compact the current game is too big (GB) for my HDD my priority is to have all the games from the 70s, 80s and 90s with good dumps, fixes and no bugs but I’m still confused which romset to download

Initially, it is to be used on the PC, but if it is necessary to port it to TVBox Emuelec Android smartphones, RPI, but the focus is on the PC.

A long time ago I used a Finalburn fullset but it didn’t contain all the Mame games, apparently Mame contained more games

If you only care about a certain, curated collection of games then the full size of the romset doesn’t matter. You aren’t going to keep them all so you might as well get them from the most recent set (0.260 as of now) and use the same MAME version. The latest version is always the most accurate you can possibly have.

Also, don’t forget the needed bios files from the set. Otherwise some games won’t work.

I can only speak for the PC though. I don’t care about the other platforms, personally.

What size 0.260? Is many GB and CHD is big my hdd little gb space

What fullset is very compatible devices?

I’m not an expert by any means but FBneo works quite well and the arcade set is about 17 GB.

the mame 260 has 70gb and the fbneo has 17gb is the fbneo incomplete in all games?

FBneo is a romset made with playing in mind so does not have mechanicals, slot machine and a lot of things that are not playable, and if you are interested in games pre-2000 you are pretty much covered.

FBNeo has all games mame? Is better fullset?

Son, what part don’t you understand?

An explanation of MAME, mame2K3+ and FBNeo, proof against people who do not understand.

MAME (current) has more different games, is the most accurate, consumes a lot of resources, Fullset, almost a Tera. A customized set with games in functional state and without repeating, between roms and chds does not reach 140Gb.

MAME 2003+ It is the one that supports less games, the precision is not excellent but it consumes little and it is the fastest. The fullset is in 30Gb.

FBNeo is very precise, it only supports 2D and has many hacks. Its consumption is lower than mame and higher than 2003+.

Summary. If your machine is slow forget about current MAME. Use FBNeo for 2D and MAME for some 3D.

If your machine supports MAME in 3D, you decide what to use.

If your disk has little space you have to “learn” and “work”, you have to create 1G1R set and then you go testing and deleting the heavy chd, because there are CHDs of games that are bad and weigh tons.

If you don’t understand this, my best recommendation is to buy one of those Chinese arcade sticks that comes with the games.

By the way, do you bother to read the links you are given?
or do you just expect us to spend all the time you want?

yes I read all the links and information I’m just undecided because I want to use just one fullset precisely in games it’s very cool but the consideration is that my HDD is limited to 1TB in a fullset and the CHD takes up a lot of space but without them maybe games won’t work

my pc is 16gb ram ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Processor type QuadCore Intel Core i5-3470, 3500 MHz (35 x 100)

1 like 1 game (versions usa, jap, europe)

Then you have to pay more attention, because many things have been answered to you.

First, a couple of things.

This is the official Libretro/RetroArch site, an emulation oriented software engineering project. This is not an emulation site, nor a rom sharing site.

MAME, mame2003+ and FBNeo although they share similarities, are very different projects:
Current MAME, has all the known official dumps, it is very demanding and does not emulate everything it has.
mame2003+, is a fork with its own development line, supports less games than the current version but is very fast and is the only one that can change the soundtrack.
FBNeo, although it shares the bases of the dump is an original project, it only runs 2D games, and it is the only one that supports arcade hack.

Now, I guess you understand that with only one you don’t have “all”. Each one has its own particularities.

If you want to get any set, just search the internet. As well as how to make a functional 1G1R (1 game, 1 rom) functional and clone-free, you also have on the internet many tutorials and videos. At this moment unfortunately I don’t have time to make a toturial.

The MAME CHDs are very heavy, most of them don’t work and you don’t need to download the clones, you can visit the Arcade DataBase page with the “Parent + Working and Imperfec + Use CHDs” filters, so you can see which ones you have to get, and even see if you are interested in having it.

And I will answer what you asked in another thread. The latest version of the MAME core is the one you have for download, if it is possible that we have the 0.260, but we have to wait.
It is always advisable to do a brief search in the forums before asking, many of your questions are already answered.

what fullset is best accuracy and more games: mame 2003 plus or latest FBNeo? i search best fullset for many devices ( tvbox emuelec, smartphone android, RPI3 or 4)

I have both mame (current) and fbneo romsets: I only use fbneo for 2d games. If you plan to play games from the 90s and earlier it will be very difficult to notice missing games that are only present in mame (2003 or even current). Plus if disk space is a concern fbneo is 17GB…

I downloaded mame latest 0.260 para pc, for devices. Emuelec recalbox retropie and android lakka etc what best romset recomended?

Didn’t you drink breast milk when you were little?

…there is an adult version of this phrase, but if I say it I will be blocked from the forum for 30 lifetimes. LOOOL

:rofl:

I have not reported you, for the sole reason, that there is no category “the idiot”.

You continue.

for many devices with emuelec, android, retropie, recalbox what is better set, Mame 2003 plus or latest FBNEO?