MAME 2010 (0.139) or 2014 (0.159) for Vita Possible?

Then hopefully they can try and see about MAME 2010

It was added to MAME 2000 very recently. Have tried it with a mame2000 build from the last week or so?

Edit: you might also post in this github issue once you know that you have a compile of mame2000 which includes the latest input updates: https://github.com/libretro/mame2000-libretro/issues/29

I tried the latest build of MAME 2000 and it doesn’t work at all. Every time I load a ROM it just crashes with a C2 code and a PSP2 eboot dump. Can you suggest a build that has this change and works too?

The crashing core sounds like a useful bug report itself. Right now I can assure you there is no libretro developer working on that crash. Could you post an issue in the MAME 2000 github repository?

That may be all it takes to get this functionality working for you as well – I personally have been able to access the MAME 2000 TAB menu with the latest, using Windows RetroArch.

Well Windows and Vita are two different things. Different buttons etc (no keyboard on a Vita) and I am sure windows is more polished while Vita seems kind of dried up development wise. I tried all new releases and while they crash on games I used to be able to load some still work (vector games seem to do better for some reason). While there I tried the rear touchscreen all over, nothing. Doesn’t bring up MAME menu.

I am not a developer so I am not signed up with github.

Is there anywhere I can download just the MAME 2000 core? Downloading a half gig every time I want to try a new build with my internet connection is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I take it it any of the MAME Cores can not run the SFIII Games huh? Tried running SFIII, and it just froze. Did that even on my Android Device using MAME 2014.

SF3 needs a CHD file in addition to the ROM, I’m guessing you’re missing it.

No, I tried the CHD+Rom Files in the same Directory together, then when that did not work, I tried it with the CHD in it’s own Folder with the Rom Name as the Folder Name. Nothing.Tried SFIII and SFIII 2ndImpact But at least I got MK2+ working in it and UMK3:TE. So 2 good Rom Hacks working

SFIII does work in Mame so not sure then. Maybe the version of Mame you’re using doesn’t support it.

It works perfectly under MAME 0.139 (the Android Stand Alone Emu). But for RetroArch, you need to place the .chd Files in Folders inside the Rom Directory. By the way, for the Android RetroArch Build, MAME 2016 works great…but it does not save NVRAM. 2014 does though. Was able to keep all changes in Game Dip/Settings. 2016, when I Load up a Game, it resets everything to basic Settings.

Thank you for investigating this. Could you post about the MAME 2016 NVRAM problem in the mame2016 github issue tracker?

Has how to reupload the 2009 version of the mame for the ps3? I tried to download but this is off. A big hug.

Update, the FBA (Current Build Core) works great, and can run SFIII Games pretty good. Not to mention, with the Cheat Search/Creation Feature that was added to it, it is even better.

There are some Games where the Rotation is incorrect.

However, I am curious to know, if the general thought about it not being able to handle certain Cores still stands. Based on a Poll I posted which included the Specs of the Vita and another Device, the GPD XD, the Vita seems to be the better choice on the better Device to Emulate on. The XD can have the MAME2014 Core with the Device CPU/GPU getting a little warm, but other than that, it runs great. Same with the Reicast Emulator (Not the RA Core). They both have a ARM Component, but the Vita has better Graphics, but the XD has 2GB RAM…Low-End RAM, but still. Oh, and the XD can run VirtualBoy MUCH better.

Has anyone tried Compiling any other Cores to see how well it works on the Vita? My main focus is MAME2010, Mupen, and Reicast.