MAME (2010) crash on exit

When i load the MAME 2010 core and then select a .zip to load, MAME crashes to the Windows desktop screen. I’m using a nightly build (1.3.0)

The ROM files work with mame4droid reloaded as they’re 0.139 versions and tested.

I have these BIOS .zips placed alongside the ROMs in the MAME folder - neogeo.zip, hng64.zip, stvbios.zip, cpzn1.zip, cpzn2.zip, naomi.zip, naomi2.zip, naomigd.zip, psar95.zip, sys246.zip.

My directory’s are like this:

System/BIOS in D:\RetroArch\system

File browser in D:/RetroArch\roms

Savefile in D:/RetroArch\roms\saves

Savestate in D:/RetroArch\states

All other directory’s are untouched and default.

So what is causing the crash? and how do i exit a ROM session to the menu, every time i press “ESC” on keyboard it goes straight to Windows. Can i assign a button on the Xbone to go to Lakka?

Also… I got reicast setup, but when i load a .CDI image… I can hear the sound of the core booting the DC BIOS… and ROMs are running, unfortunately the screen is just blank/black. No picture.

These CDI files work perfectly with the latest DEMUL. So it is a core issue with RA.

I’m using RetroArch in full screen mode with Xbox One gamepad which thankfully is configured automatically.

RetroArch is annoying, but i like it, i also have a few other issues, but I’ll get into that when these issues are resolved. Mainly having GBA, PS1 issues too.