Mame 2014 core

Hi

I have few problems with mame:

1. The biggest issue for me is that I don’t know why mame can’t remember the joypad configuration input changes? For example when I hit tab in mame, and set combination on my joypad to popup config menu, retroarch won’t remember it after quiting and selecting next game.

2. Will it be possible in future to make core that will be build from mameplus? It would be really nice to use commad list mode.

3. It is more connected to gameex, but maybe someone could help with this also. I am using retroarch via gameex frontend and load cores via config files and don’t know how to use mame to display game names, instead of rom file names. For example if I want to play street fighter 2, I have to load sf2.zip, is there any way to change that sf2.zip to be displayed as “street fighter 2”? I know that people use retroarch with hyperspin and don’t have those problems, so maybe there is such option in gameex also?

1. edit your mame.ini and make sure writeconfig=1
  2. I don’t think so… haven’t found sources for that at least and keeping up with mame is hard enough as it is
  3. not related to RA at all

I dont know why, but despite using mame frequently via Retroarch, I don’t see mame.ini anywhere in my retroarch folder. Should I make it myself?

yes

it works, thank you a lot :slight_smile:

now I have another problem - it remembers my custom button combinations, but it loads them in random key input settings. For example, if I use “Y” button as “enter player 1” it will work, however after changing game, or launching the same game again this “y” button may be seen as different button. It can be for example on a button that was set in retroarch menu as “B” button. So basically I don’t know why mame randoms my button inputs after loading game, which were previously preciselly configured and saved in retroarch cfg?