MAME 2014, MESS 2014, or FBA not working

Hello All, not sure if this is where this goes but her we go.

I cant get any MAME or Arcade style game to launch.I have

[ul] [li]Retroarch installed on a my Windows 7 64 bit PC.[/li][li]Able to launch other platforms such as NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.etc[/li][li]Update cores. The roms try to launch with MAME 2014, MESS 2014, or FBA[/li][li]I know that the roms will work in MAME (outside of Retroarch) but not within.[/li][/ul]

Every time i try and launch a ROM it will do literally nothing. I have heard that I may need bios file?? Not sure where to get them or where to put them. Or possiblt older rom set…

PLEASE HELP!!! ANY COMMENTS ARE READ AND APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks and have a Great Day

1 Like

www.libretro.com/index.php/mamemessume-cores

The graphics were just game screenshots you don’t really need those. This is how my directory tree looks:

. β”œβ”€β”€ Cheats β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ Games β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ Nintendo Entertainment System β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ Sega Genesis β”‚** └── Super Nintendo Entertainment System β”œβ”€β”€ Games β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ Computer β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ MAME 2014 β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ kinst β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** └── kinst2 β”‚** β”‚** └── MESS β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ coleco β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ famicom β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ jaguar β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ nes β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ psa β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ snes β”‚** β”‚** └── x68000 β”œβ”€β”€ Saves β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ mame β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ cfg β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ hi β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ nvram β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ ddsom β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ kof94 β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ mk2 β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ mk3 β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ mslug β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ mslug3 β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ mslug4 β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ mslug5 β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ mvsc β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ sfiii2n β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ sfiii3n β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ sfiiin β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ svc β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ xmen β”‚** β”‚** β”‚** └── xmvsf β”‚** β”‚** └── snaps β”‚** β”‚** └── xmen β”‚** └── mess β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ cfg β”‚** └── nvram β”‚** └── jaguar β”œβ”€β”€ Screenshots β”‚** └── Archive β”œβ”€β”€ States β”‚** └── Android └── System β”œβ”€β”€ mame β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ artwork β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ cheat β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ diff β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ hash β”‚** └── ini β”œβ”€β”€ mess β”‚** β”œβ”€β”€ hash β”‚** └── ini rs └── ume └── hash

Basically you need to create your folders in your systemdir and savedir. For us to be able to help you, you need to get a verbose log of what’s happening. To do that you can run retroarch from cmd with the --verbose --menu arguments. You might need to increase your console buffer size to be able to get the complete buffer or you could do some output redirection.

Here some info on the former: https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/commandpromptoptions.mspx?mfr=true

Then use a service such as hastebin to upload the log