Mame and gamesome

Hurray! I updated my Rom set and now MAME 2014 is up and running. However, now I cannot launch it from gamesome… All the others launch fine… I think it’s because it shows up as ‘mame2014_libretro_android.so.zip’ instead of ‘Arcade (MAME 2014)’. The cores that are displayed correctly work great (including MAME 2003). Help would be amazing!

Not displaying the “pretty” name means that core doesn’t have an info file, which shouldn’t affect your ability to launch games with it unless you’re using the ‘core detect’ method of launching, which also requires correct info files. You should be able to update your info files through the online updater, IIRC.

[QUOTE=rclong;27954]Hurray! I updated my Rom set and now MAME 2014 is up and running. However, now I cannot launch it from gamesome… All the others launch fine… I think it’s because it shows up as ‘mame2014_libretro_android.so.zip’ instead of ‘Arcade (MAME 2014)’. The cores that are displayed correctly work great (including MAME 2003). Help would be amazing![/QUOTE]

Gamesome launching parameters appear fixed and cannot be easily modified so it may require an update to deal with new MAME 2014 core name.

I suggest looking at ARC Browser. It’s another easy/similar frontend GUI that is optimized for Android TV. It allows you to add and modify different emulators as well.