Mame and Xinput

I’m using Hyperspin and RocketLauncher. What I really want is for everything to run with xinput so I can seemlessly go from one game system to the next. Mame has been the only hold out as is doesn’t support xinput, so I thought I would give retroarch a try with the mame core to see if I could get it to work. It does work somewhat however I can’t configure the right and left triggers. Is there a solution to this? I want to use the triggers for gas and brake pedals.

Pressing the left trigger presses the tab button. I didn’t configure it that way so I’m not sure why it does that. The right trigger doesn’t do anything.

[QUOTE=cougar1122;25790]I’m using Hyperspin and RocketLauncher. What I really want is for everything to run with xinput so I can seemlessly go from one game system to the next. Mame has been the only hold out as is doesn’t support xinput, so I thought I would give retroarch a try with the mame core to see if I could get it to work. It does work somewhat however I can’t configure the right and left triggers. Is there a solution to this? I want to use the triggers for gas and brake pedals.

Pressing the left trigger presses the tab button. I didn’t configure it that way so I’m not sure why it does that. The right trigger doesn’t do anything.[/QUOTE]

This is the one thing that is driving me crazy . I have everything setup great and rocking, (Which I finally made the switch and use retroarch instead of the many different emulators I was using.) When I use the Mame core, and try to change any inputs with the Xbox 360 pad, it jumbles the keyboard commands with it. Just like the guy above. Is there anyway to separate them? Forgive me if this is somewhere else, on the forum. When I google this problem a lot of Retropie, and Android searches come up. I’m still quite new to retroarch.

I don’t see anything you can do at the moment. It would need a core option to disable those hotkeys or a particular core remapping menu.