MAME Android x86 (Nexus Player issues)

Is there not a core for current MAME (2015) for x86 Android (Nexus player)? I have the 2003 core (.078 romset) but it seems to be having issues with some games (Street Fighter Alpha 3 & Samurai Shodown were what I tried)… I have a .078 romset, so these games should work, correct?

FBA hasn’t been updated in a while for Android, and has major sound issues with the current core (2.97.30) and I also have an issue with pressing 2 buttons at once registering in this version of FBA.

The Nexus Player is a great $50 RetroArch device IMHO… Seems there are problems on the Android x86 devices that don’t exist on the arm7 builds, huh? Some shaders don’t work on Nexus Player that do work on other Android devices as well

Just curious if anyone has any solutions/ quick fixes…

Thanks!

What are those FBA sound problems exactly I keep hearing about? The fba core sounds fine for me and it runs fullspeed unlike MAME.

It happens a lot in Neo Geo games… i.e. in Samurai Shodown, the hit you receive that fills up the “pow” gauge at the bottom of the screen will be distorted… I think in KOF when you lose and the countdown timer to add a credit is also distorted…

Those to me are minor issues… The big problem I have is pressing 2 buttons at once and having it register

Have you tried the MAME 2014 core? It uses 0.157 romset, check if it is avaliable for your device, also there are torrents with the full 0.078 romset a google search away, those work perfectly for MAME 2003.

Unfortunately, the only Android x86 MAME build right now is MAME 2003… I have that .078 torrent romset, and I’m having issues with some games… I’ll double check and see what else isn’t working, as I only tried 2 games. ( This Nexus Player is my second RetroArch system so it’s not super important it’s 100% working, but it’d be nice if it was since it’s so small and portable; I can play it on any TV in the house)…

The simultaneous button press problem is a known issue for all the cores.

Yep apparently it affects all cores: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5116