Mame Chd Saves

I am using a recent buildbot build and I was wondering where the chd saves are supposed to be stored. In the past I have seen them in the system directory. For instance in Street Fighter 3rd Strike when you first start the game you have to load the cdrom for about 20 minutes the first time you play it, and in the past it saved that so I would not have to load it for 20 minutes every time. It is not saving it anywhere in any of my directories. Do I need another directory set up that is not included with the builbot?

I’m pretty sure that would go into SAVEDIR\MAME\diff

I looked into my regular standalone mame build folder outside of Retroarch and it is storing that information in nvram. I have Retroarch savestate path pointing to my save folder inside of Retroarch. Do you have to manually create a folder like save\mame vram inside of Retroarch and it will save or does it automatically create the necessary folders inside the save folder? Also do you need to turn on auto save and load in the Rgui for it to work also? Thanks.[/quote]

To the last part, no. About the folders, some people have to create those, some people don’t, I think it depends on whether you have (or not) a trailing slash in your path cfg, I tried sanitizing the paths but I didn’t really manage to fix it.

I don’t have to create them, my save dir is configured like this: savefile_directory = “…\EmulatorData\Saves”

Weird, it’s working for me, creates even the mame folder if one doesn’t exist