MAME console and handheld games doesn't load on last version

I’ve used to play old handheld games like tomy caveman with mame on retroarch32 android, I’ve migrated to retroarch64 bit version but with the latest release of mame it seems that the drivers of handheld and console games has been removed, above the log tha obtain with the latest version trying to load tcaveman :

Starting game from command line:/storage/1EB9-597E/roms/handheld/tcaveman.zip ARGUV[0]=/storage/1EB9-597E/roms/handheld/tcaveman.zip Searching for driver tcaveman Driver tcaveman not found -1 Game not found: tcaveman Searching for driver handheld Driver handheld not found -1 Driver not found: handheld RES:-2 MAIN FIRST

the same if a try to load a console game, the last mame that work correctly for me was 0.223 on retroarch 32, it seems that mame has been compiled to esclude all non arcade hardware, is this the case?

That’s correct. The number of drivers became too big for the Android linker to even handle, so building would crash every time. We had to fall back to arcade-only for Android as a result.

Ok i understand, is there a compiled mess version for android?

Not for the current core. We plan on doing it but just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

1 Like