Mame Controller Keybinding

In the process of trying to unbind L3/R3 buttons, which I UNSUCCESSFULLY accomplished, I complete messed up my input bindings with no clue on how to reset the keybindings…

I’m running Retroarch on Lubuntu.

I wish it was a simple delete of some mame config but it doesn’t seem to exist or at least I cannot find this mysterious mame config file. I tried looking at retroarch.cfg which doesn’t seem like the right place to remedy my problem.

Can anyone help???

I think if you try looking in your ‘system’ directory or your ‘save’ directory (check settings > directory to see where those are), one of them should have a ‘mame’ directory that will have some ini files, etc. inside. One of those files should have your mappings.

Unfortunately, I cannot find it there…

Would the mame config be baked in the .so library???

If it were, you wouldn’t be able to overwrite it the way you did, so it must be somewhere. Try checking your ‘config’ directory.

That’s what I thought but there’s nothing related I can find in my ‘config’ directory except a retroarch.cfg file which doesn’t seem to have specific mame options.

By default RetroArch places save stuff in the directory your ROMs are. So if you don’t have a save directory set, there should be a mame dir in your MAME ROM folder. Inside that will be a cfg dir with a default.cfg and .cfg files for any games you’ve run. Those contain any control settings you’ve set in MAME’s tab interface.

Thank you, that was it!