Mame core 0.231

hi

I see the mame core is still version 0.230 while 0.231 is released. Do we just have to wait or is there somebody we can ask to release the update of the mame core?

thx

Yes, just have to wait. The guy who updates it usually gets it a week or two later.

2 Likes

Any news regarding this? 0.232 is out for a while now and RetroArch is still stuck with 0.230. Next two versions have some nice sound updates.

I donā€™t remember ā€œcurrent MAMEā€ core ever being this lateā€¦

1 Like

Wow, those are great news! I thought maybe those changes they made to Mame 0.231 for Contra to run properly were to much to implement or something. And we wonā€™t see another version of Mame!!! Great to hear the progress is moving. Eager to try the new one!

Definitely not, it took me 5 minutes to backport that fix to FBNeo 2 months ago. The only reason they made a big deal out of that fix is because some recentish konami anthology re-release had this bug too.

You make it look like it was really easy ) You developers are magicians for me. Iā€™m so far away from all the coding stuffā€¦ Didnā€™t hear about anthology stuff. Will be interesting to read discussions. I love contra. What made me wonder like that was the long pause since 0.230 It was just the version I was waiting for as a point to update my Arcade games collection. And just after I finished sorting, I discovered that 0.230 introduced the bug with missing music in Jackalā€¦ One of my favorites ) And also this Contra thing got me wanting to finish arcade version finally. So I was waiting and waiting for new coreā€¦ Didnā€™t use MAME because Iā€™m lazy to read and figure out how to change shaders settings there. Itā€™s so easy with them in Retroarch. FBNeo is great too, tried it recently and loved it. Itā€™s especially super useful for playing Rotary Joystick games ) Still canā€™t understand if itā€™s still possible to sort those controls in MAME. If it is, I guess itā€™s not easy. The only problem for me is not all MAME romsets are compatible and I canā€™t figure how to build FBNeo setsā€¦ Tried following guides and it didnā€™t work. Iā€™ll try again someday.

1 Like

Thanks! ) I know about that compilation and would like to read the conversation about contra stuff.

Oh, about building romsets. I think I did how I was told from there, but it didnā€™t work. Anyway, Iā€™ll try again.

So can this be merged/compiled by any user or does it have to be a certain admin?

Has anyone a functional 0.232 core is what iā€™m asking. Downloader still has the 0.230 version.

You can build from open PRs, but I would hope it gets merged soon. Iā€™ll see if I can hasten it along.

1 Like

Are there any news regarding this issue?

Nothing since we talked about it on github

waiting on 0.233 now :man_shrugging:

I wouldnā€™t mind if we were stuck with 232 for a whileā€¦ 231/232 had some big updates with Contra and the sound in many boards. So i would be happy with just that. If anyone can share a compiled version i would be grateful.

232 should be coming soon. I got verification that my issues were isolated to me, so Twinaphex should be merging the 232 PR soon if not already.

1 Like

Itā€™s safe to assume that Twinaphex is on a long vacation? :grin:

Core got updated to 0.232 today for anyone following.

1 Like