Mame doesn't work

I’m trying to play Arkanoid in retroarch. With mame 2015 the thing close without any error message whatsoever, even though it works on Windows Retroarch. In mame 2010 it runs in a really low resolution, when I press tab to change the settings it keeps pressing down automatically and I get stuck. When I stay in the title screen, no matter what I press nothing will start the game. I managed to give it 1 credit, somehow but can’t do it again.

Then, in Final Burnn Alpha it works but with messed up sound and the controls are all slippery which never happened to me when playing on standalone mame in windows. I also don’t know how to let it use the mouse for any arcade core, I’d like to use the mouse.

edit: Audio crackling happens on Windows too…hmm…

I too have problems with mame on ubuntu 15.04, amd HD7850 with radeonsi (oibaf packages), xbox 360 wired controller.

1. Mame 2015 crashes.
  2. Mame 2010 kind of works but when I press tab to get the menu: if I press arrow down, it keeps pressing down and I can’t stop it. If I use the joystick to go down, that’s ok, but I can’t enter any menu (the “enter” key doesn’t work). However I can play some mame (and neogeo) games but I can’t access the menu.