Mame/FbAlpha - how to run clone games from merge sets

dear RetroArch community, since finalburn alpha and mame support running clones from merge sets, is it possible to run specific clone games from a merge set in RA too? if its possible, how? thanks.

i can’t remember what core, but one of them if you renamed the merged zip file to the clone’s name, it would run the clone rather than the parent.

eg, sf2.zip - rename to sf2j.zip to play the japanese version.

this may not work for all cores…

I’m pretty sure renaming would work with fbalpha, but why not keep split set ? You would be able to run both parent and clones with split set.

because RA import feature do not work with modified zip due to crc mismatch.

I already mentioned this in another topic, but i’m pretty sure torrentzip would solve your split romset crc mismatch issue. And using clone from merged sets through the import feature sounds unlikely : it scans existing files, how do you scan a file that don’t exist ?

[QUOTE=BarbuDreadMon;50910]I already mentioned this in another topic, but i’m pretty sure torrentzip would solve your split romset crc mismatch issue. And using clone from merged sets through the import feature sounds unlikely : it scans existing files, how do you scan a file that don’t exist ?[/QUOTE]

trrntzip works if the crc was the one already recorded in ra-db. so “new” files(or new zip or new rebuilt roms) or downloaded ones will have different crc regardless if you run it tru trrntzip or not-like if i will split the romsets, how can you match crc of a “new” clone zip to the already existing in RA’s database with torrentzip!

Did you try ? I think the crc in ra-db is the crc from split romset torrentzipped. My whole torrentzipped 0.2.97.38 split romset was recognized by ra-db a few months ago, didn’t rescan since 0.2.97.39 though.

found out that RA is still using 0.2.97.38 split romset rdb, this will never see some of my 0.2.97.39 split romsets-like cps2 ones.