Mame git 181 discussion

Now that it is updated to mame182 my mame config doesn’t work anymore. Is there going to be an update to bring back tab menu?

? The update to 182 should not break the config. Tab menu is always Select + x on android. Nothing change here.

That’s wierd I can’t grab it anymore. My phone yes

Yes if I load RetroArch mame on my phone it doesn’t work unless I add my config to it. Which is select plus l3 for UI toggle then l2 for tab menu. It used to work on my phone with my config but now it doesn’t. I tried select plus x and no go. Very confused.

Weird it works fine on my phone without config.

It is me and another board member are having same issue. I uninstalled and tried again

I loaded a mame game and it came up just using left trigger . Great. But when I load a mess game on shield nothing responds to bring up tab.

Yes mess by default use kbd as full emulated You need to use a mame.ini to define a key to toggle. In partial emulated then tab or select x will work.not sure i will have time to look at this week to make a combo. For toggle kbd rmulation mode

Thanks yes the toggle I was talking about I made it for mame but it works on phone but I can’t get it to work on shield. Hey I noticed mame 2016 is gone from updater. Thanks for getting back.

Strange for mame2016 it was 5 days ago , and no change in source code. @anon24419061 have you any clue about this ? it disappear for linux and android :frowning:

I confirm what R-type said, the MAME2016 core disappeared from Retroarch’s core updater. Please put it back :sweat:

I updated to nightly 16/2 over the weekend and now all my mess systems crash retroarch on launch 3rd party and direct. Not had time to check why yet but has anyone had this?

EDIT: didn’t copy my system folder back in doh

MAME2016 is back online! Thanks people :grinning:

Has anyone or can anyone try cliffhanger and cobra command in mame182. I updated my romset and I can get all other laserdisc games to play in mame182 android but not these 2. They play in mame182 PC but not android. Any tips? Thanks