MAME Git core - No Keyboard Input

Hey all,

I’ve been wracking my brain for the past few hours trying to figure out a solution for my problem. I’m using:

Retroarch nightly (3/14) MAME Git core from roughly same time period Tablet running Android OS 5.1.1

I have a gamepad and keyboard running off of Bluetooth. Both are paired with the tablet at the same time and both are responding correctly within RetroArch GUI – accessing menus, remapping, etc. I load MAME Git and it loads fine and my gamepad is working properly. However, it will not accept any inputs from my keyboard.

Here’s an example: for most arcade games, MAME defaults Insert Coin as the number key 5 and Start as number key 1. Whenever MAME loads up the game, I press the 5 key and nothing happens. I press the corresponding key on my gamepad and it works fine. I can confirm that my keyboard works within the core as I can enable hotkeys and game focus mode (which also seems to have no effect). If I try to remap the keys within MAME’s OSD menu, it acts like nothing has been pressed and will not change. This occurs with both regular arcade games and other console machines.

Is there something obvious that i’m missing? Thanks in advance for the help.

Idk but have you tried launching with only the keyboard connected. Take the controller out of the equation

Yep, same behavior with only the keyboard connected.