MAME Git question

I installed the core (mame_libretro.so) this morning (took ages why I don’t know, might have been a PPA:testing problem) and found that it’s old :frowning: (0.166 according to the text I found in the core using a hex editor). Is there any newer MAME cores available? The newest is 0.173

That text probably just hasn’t been updated. I believe it’s at least 0.171.

I asked as I tried with the new super bubble bobble rom that was added in 0.171 and it complained that there is no driver for the rom.

Used retroarch from the commandline as to ascertain the problem (as there is no warning using the gui) started it using retroarch -L /path/to/mame_core.so.o /path/to/rom.zip.

Tried with pang 3 and sf2ce and both work. And I know the rom works as it runs on the latest standalone that I’ve build.

People really need to take a look at the left bottom…

Also, you can see the version in the package too… open Synaptic and try find libretro-mame

There’s no 0.171 version for ubuntu 14.04 by the way (due the gcc version, mame asks for >= 4.9).

[QUOTE=sergio-br2;39211]People really need to take a look at the left bottom…

Also, you can see the version in the package too… open Synaptic and try find libretro-mame[/QUOTE]

Yea right:

[QUOTE=sergio-br2;39211] There’s no 0.171 version for ubuntu 14.04 by the way (due the gcc version, mame asks for >= 4.9).[/QUOTE] that’s just lazy, as I’m running: gcc version 5.3.0 20151204 (Ubuntu 5.3.0-3ubuntu1~14.04) and compiled this, just now without any problems

Updating the toolchain in the PPA is just a mess, I did it with dolphin and every time people complains that it’s not installing due dependencies problems (they don’t figure out that they need the toolchain PPA too), even I’m explaining it in the PPA description, in the Wiki and in the forum.

So updating the mame core for 14.04 is a no-no

You can pick the package from vivid or wily, and install it in 14.04 (it’s what I’m doing), just try to find the package in the PPA and download it via web browser (if you have GCC updated in your system, of course).