Mame ini file not taken into account (flipx & skip_gameinfo)

Hi all retroarch users and administrators,

I have this retroArch version running on Windows 8.1:

RetroArch: Frontend for libretro – v1.2.2 – 7f16464 – Compiler: MinGW (4.9.2) 64-bitBuilt: Oct 10 2015

I use mame2014 core and can lauch games with shaders and overlay (from RetroArch) -> so far so good. But I miss something very important in my case; being able to flip screen (not rotate but flip Mirror) as I use a front side Mirror in my cabinet.

When I use mame alone (so without RetroArch), I can set “flipx 1” in mame.ini and it is working well. So, I decided to place a very light mame.ini file in [RETROARCH_DIR][ROMS_DIR]\Mame2014\ini\mame.ini -> no luck, sniff. I also tried in [RETROARCH_DIR]\System\Mame2014\ini\mame.ini -> does’nt work too, re sniff.

Here is my very light mame ini file: < <

CORE MISC OPTIONS

skip_gameinfo 1#

CORE ROTATION OPTIONS

flipx 1 >>

Could you tell me if I am in the right direction or may be there is an easier way to configure this in retroarch, please? If this is the right solution, could you tell me if this is placed in the right directory? Should I set a flag somewhere to explicitelly say to retroarch to use this ini file?

Thank you in advance for your support

A+ Fred

[RETROARCH_DIR]\System\Mame2014\ini\mame.ini is the right path.

Did you change “Read Configuration” to enabled in Core Options?

Thank you Tatsuya! it working fine now regarding flipx; I updated [RETROARCH_DIR]\retroarch-core-options.cfg with: mame2014_read_config = “enabled”

-> but in fact, it takes the mame.ini located at [RETROARCH_DIR][ROMS_DIR]\Mame2014\mame.ini !? Anyway it’s working fine except I still get this initial screen with hardware emulated information even with “skip_gameinfo 1”

Thank you Fred

Strange, perhaps your retroarch system directory is pointing to your Roms dir?

For the machine screen at start, that’s something that could be removed with a “no nag” patch before but it has been removed a while back. I don’t think you can do anything about it atm.