MAME (Latest) - Karate Champ - directional digital pad not working

I’ve successfully remapped the X,Y,A,B buttons to act as the “strike” moves aas you would perform with the right joystick in this game. However, for some unknown reason, the left control (digital directional pad arrows) is not working at all. They are actually mapped as up arrow, down arrow, left arrow and right arrow respectively, but during gameplay, they are completely unresponsive.

I don’t know if this forum is used for bug reports or if this is actually a bug or not. If you can play this game using the pre existing arcade gamepad please, let me know here how to set the left control properly for this particular game.

Might not be the answer you are looking for, but fwiw, if you are using some kind of dual stick controller, you could probably play the game with FBNeo without having to do any remapping.

Unfortunately that’s not an option because the Karate Champ version I want to play is not supported by fb neo. I will have to stick to Mame in this case

That’s surprising, FBNeo supports the exact same 8 versions of kchamp than MAME. Which version are you talking about ?

Sorry, I’ve made a mistake of some kind. Now Kchampvs3 is working fine in FBneo!

Do you know if all Pit-Fighter versions will be included in FBneo as well? I want to play pitfight3 version with FBneo because this version is much better than the latest Rev.9 version already supported. I tried to run pitfight3 with FBneo but it seems that this version is not yet supported, unfortunately.

Why I think pitfight3 is the best version? Because Atari devs did a lot of small changes in later revisions of this game, such as nerfing Kato’s “infinite combo” move and they also locked his posing position after a successful combo punch, which makes you very vulnerable to counter-attacks!

Do you know where (or if) can I request the inclusion of this version in FBneo?

Anyway, thank you for your quick reply! :slight_smile:

I think the pitfight clones were simply overlooked when we added that atari G1 driver, i’ll see if i can get them to run.

WOW!! That would be great! I love this game, very underrated IMO :smiley:

Thank you!!

i added pitfight3 (i didn’t bother with the other versions though)

Great!! How can I download and replace my FBneo core with this one on Android?

No idea, i don’t use android, the online updater is dead/unavailable on android ?

I don’t know either. The android version has an online updater but when I try to update the FBneo core, it says that the latest version is already installed on my phone. Maybe it takes some time to sync cores for different platforms, I will keep trying to update from time to time, let’s see.