MAME: Midway Games Exit at Initializing

Just recently (probably after a MAME core update), a large portion of cabinet games made by Midway have stopped functioning. RetroArch will attempt to initialize the game and immediately exit with the following error.

I have not changed any of my ROMs, just the core through the RetroArch Core Update menu. Thoughts? Is this perhaps a new BIOS file requirement that I’m missing or a bug in the latest MAME core?

C:\Program Files\RetroArch>retroarch_debug.exe SOURCE FILE: …/…/…/…/…/src/mame/drivers/midtunit.cpp PARENT: 0 NAME: mk DESCRIPTION: Mortal Kombat (rev 5.0 T-Unit 03/19/93) YEAR: 1992 MANUFACTURER: Midway Value not supported for option netdevprovider - falling back to auto Ignoring MAME exception: install_ram_generic: In range ff800000-ffffffff mirror 0, start address is outside of the global address mask 1fffffff, did you mean 1f800000 ?

Fatal error: install_ram_generic: In range ff800000-ffffffff mirror 0, start address is outside of the global address mask 1fffffff, did you mean 1f800000 ?

If you’re using the mame-git core, it indeed may have updated, in which case you may need to find newer ROMs.

I updated my ROMset to 0.175 to match the current 0.175 MAME release…same crash. I think I’m going to attempt to roll back to a previous MAME release and see what happens.

Previous Mame Git core before update for win x64: https://mega.nz/#!FlU20RTK!yD-giErYYRDfj3eDfLga8Q549nFtLIproH34CxgqYdo

The current version has many bugs.

Awesome…thanks! I switched to the MAME 2014 core and everything seems to be okay. Even with the 0.175 set + BIOS, the current Git core apparently has issues with most 90’s Midway cabinet games.

[QUOTE=Tatsuya79;42638]Previous Mame Git core before update for win x64: https://mega.nz/#!FlU20RTK!yD-giErYYRDfj3eDfLga8Q549nFtLIproH34CxgqYdo

The current version has many bugs.[/QUOTE]

Has this been fixed yet? I get initializing freeze screen when trying to load some systems after updating the cores :frowning:

No, current version is still problematic.

The one I linked is working fine but is at a point where there is some palette issues with x68000 games (notably Akumajou, that’s a Mame stand-alone problem that got fixed later) as I saw you’re interested in this.

Is there a place to get the 2014 core for android. I have having the same problem as the OP, but android only seems to have the latest, 2000, and 2003 cores available.