Mame No Nag

Are there any plans to implement a MAME core on any platform that provides the option to disable the nag screen when launching a game from MAME? This is the only reason I am not using RetroArch for MAME/MESS.

Thanks a lot.

Not atm. We want to keep it upstream friendly. It’s an esay patch to add so you could add it and build I guess

Could a script be added to the buildbot that patches MAME and builds a mame_nonag_libretro.dll automatically? That would be more strain on the buildbot and be messier than having a core option I suppose.

I have a build from last March here that has the working option if you don’t mind using an old build.

MAME should make the “This game isn’t emulated/dumped perfectly!” messages only come up the first time you open the game and save something to the .cfg so it doesn’t come up again. Like the other nag messages.

Not sure, I think adding it to mame 2014 would be a nice compromise but working in that core is really tedious The buildbot is just an enormous hack and I don’t feel like adding more scripts to that

Fair enough. More than no nag I hope someone takes up the task of cleaning up the port so it can more easily be synced with mainline.