MAME roms not loading from command line

I’m fairly new to retroarch, so maybe I’m missing something obvious. My problem is that when I run: retroarch -L /usr/lib/libretro/libretro-mame.so altbeast.zip

I get the following errors RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: Starting game:altbeast.zip RetroArch [ERROR] :: rarch_log_libretro :: [libretro ERROR] :: Error parsing game path: altbeast.zip RetroArch [ERROR] :: rarch_log_libretro :: [libretro ERROR] :: Error parsing system name: altbeast.zip RetroArch [ERROR] :: rarch_log_libretro :: [libretro ERROR] :: Error parsing parent path: altbeast.zip RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro DEBUG] :: Path extraction result: File name=altbeast.zip RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro DEBUG] :: Path extraction result: Game name=altbeast.zip RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro DEBUG] :: Path extraction result: System name=altbeast.zip RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro DEBUG] :: Path extraction result: Game path= RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro DEBUG] :: Path extraction result: Parent path=altbeast.zip RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro DEBUG] :: Searching for driver altbeast.zip RetroArch [WARN] :: rarch_log_libretro :: [libretro WARN] :: Driver altbeast.zip not found -1 RetroArch [ERROR] :: rarch_log_libretro :: [libretro ERROR] :: Driver not found: altbeast.zip RetroArch: rarch_environment_cb: Environ SHUTDOWN.

and it loads up the retroarch menu. I can then go to load content and load the zip file. The game starts up and I can play it just fine. Also, If I unzip the file and run:

retroarch -L /usr/lib/libretro/libretro-mame.so altbeast

then it loads up fine, but I can’t figure out how to get the game to load from the command line when it is zipped. I want to figure it out so it works with emulationstation. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I’m running retroarch on Arch with libretro-mame built from git.

try with the full path to the rom

Tried that and it worked. I’m not sure why. My command prompt was in the correct directory. It is working from emulation station now, which was always using full path. I have no clue, but so long as it work eh? Thanks.