MAME - TRS-80 Color Computer does not work ?!

To run G&W, none of this is needed - just roms and artworks. Try to read moar google, maybe you just make a little mistake something)

@svk so I tried for G&W the game starts but itā€™s unplayable because very very slowā€¦ yet my phone is a Samsung S20 FE is it not enough hardware ?

Why is it so slow ?

Libretro mame core, when running GW, has very poor performance. Moreover, both on arm and x86-64 architectures. Here in this thread you can read what can be configured - https://www.reddit.com/r/gameandwatch/comments/kpqs09/game_watch_emulation_with_mame_on_retroarch_for/?sort=new Tellingly, in standalone mame x86-64, GW emulation just flyes, by default)

I also had to set the frameskip to the maximum, for arm set it to 10. Only then does it become playable for me on arm. This files in /system/mame/ini/game_name.ini

For game and watch u need to change default speed to 30ā€¦ also u can use the updated artwork that includes different views for playing g the handheldā€¦I think when I 1st learned all I could get to work was the svg background image onlyā€¦also trs80 does work on androidā€¦the softlist name u looking for is called coco

@sanchezmike01 hello thank you for your help how to set the speed to 30? with which option ?

Have you ever tried the TRS-80? Is my .cmd file correct ?

Greetings :grinning:

Yes I have trs80 workingā€¦I havenā€™t seen your cmd file ā€¦to set speed to 30 u have to go to RetroArch options once game is loadedā€¦save game config not core configā€¦I usually to it on a batch file because itā€™s usually going to be for more than 1 game

Ok I saw itā€¦it looks correctā€¦but I personally write my cmd files differently to be honestā€¦gimme a few and Iā€™ll check k

@sanchezmike01 hello can you try my .cmd file?

On Windows it works very well but not on Androidā€¦ I donā€™t understand ?!

@svk hello I tried your link here for Game & Watch & it worksā€¦ not very fast but itā€™s better than nothing!

On the other hand there is an error in the configuration fileā€¦ I put the fix below with an example for the game Marioā€™s Cement Factory:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- This file is autogenerated; comments and unknown tags will be stripped -->
<mameconfig version="10">
    <system name="gnw_mariocm">
        <video>
            <target index="0" view="Unit Only" />
        </video>
    </system>
</mameconfig>

Greetings :slight_smile:

Sorry I never uploaded ā€¦got stuck doing overtimeā€¦as far as game and watch I donā€™t know why u would need a config file with unit onlyā€¦I read the tutorial and it is well written and thoroughā€¦but if u look for the new updated artworks, u now have the whole device view, the big lcd view only, and the partial device and partial lcd screenā€¦id have to make a video to show u as its easier than explainingā€¦the only settings I change for these types of games are boot to bios enabled and mame speed set to 30ā€¦there are alot of games from g&w , konami handhelds, and a few others so when I make configs , I do them with batch files and are completed in secondsā€¦again itā€™s easier to make a video explaining rather than writingā€¦

@sanchezmike01 hello yes gladly for an explanatory video because there I still do not understand where to set the speed to 30 ?!

For G&W the Reddit config file doesnā€™t work for meā€¦thatā€™s why I posted the one that works here :upside_down_face:

For .cmd files I still donā€™t have a solution to launch my TRS-80ā€¦

Heyā€¦made a video and itā€™s like 30 minutes or so , so it took long to finalizeā€¦will be uploading today so u can see it on Android for both game & watch and trs80

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mSIhG17PuyjRoyv_2QvMZPsryfCnE5ps/view?usp=sharing heres the videoā€¦fast forward to see other parts

this video shows trs80 as well as konami handhelds, tiger electronics handhelds, and game & watch and all displaying the different artwork optionsā€¦also shows the command file for trs80ā€¦any questions, just ask meā€¦oh yea everything is for android only and everything u see there all works on android

Hello !

Thank you for the video itā€™s amazing yes everything works on Android :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

By cons I did not know that HyperSpin also exists for Android ??? How did you do ?!

Greetings !