MAME version of 2015 core

Hi all I was wondering what MAME version is used in the 2015 core. Is it the newest version 0.163 or something else.

It’s a few months old. I think v0.157 or so.

Thanks for the response Hunterk. Do you know where I could put in a feature request that this info is included in the title or description of the core? It’s quite important to know which version of MAME you are dealing with.

Yeah, it is important. It’s one of the most frequently asked questions. I’ll try to get it included in the core info.

Currently in http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86/latest/

MAME 2014, is the version 0.159 (Aug 6 2015) MAME 2015, is the versión 0.159 (Jan 30 2015)

I think this is because the 2014 was compiled recently because it was not working well

I recommend you download the romset 0.159 I think it would be better to remove the 2014 version because it is really the 2015.

That makes no sense whatsoever, the compile date has nothing to do with it The MAME 2014 has been frozen since 0.157 or so. MAME 2015 is just the latest trunk

MAME 0.165 is the latest version from August on the MAME website/github. Is that the version of “MAME” in RetroArch?

I see 4 .info files, MAME, MAME 078, MAME 2010, and MAME 2014… but only 3 MAME cores in the Online Updater; MAME, MAME 2010, and MAME 2014. I don’t see anything that says 2015, though. I see that MAME 2010 is version 0.139 and MAME 0.78 is obviously 0.78, but don’t see a core for 0.78. MAME just says “Git” version in the info file…same as MAME 2014. It’s a little confusing.

I don’t think the info files should just say “Git” because you still can’t tell which version it is, even checking the MAME Github.

We say “git” because it’s based on a recent git pull from upstream. The info files are stored elsewhere and it would be a pain to have to update them every time we pulled anything from the upstream repo.

078 isn’t there because it fails to build on the buildbot. I’ll check with radius about getting a manual build pushed up to it sometime soon. It hasn’t received any updates from us in a pretty long time, so it won’t matter if it can’t be compiled again later.

[QUOTE=hunterk;27739]We say “git” because it’s based on a recent git pull from upstream. The info files are stored elsewhere and it would be a pain to have to update them every time we pulled anything from the upstream repo.

078 isn’t there because it fails to build on the buildbot. I’ll check with radius about getting a manual build pushed up to it sometime soon. It hasn’t received any updates from us in a pretty long time, so it won’t matter if it can’t be compiled again later.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see. 0.78 isn’t important to me so don’t worry about that, I was just curious about it. Thanks for the info and response, hunterk. So the MAME core is 0.157 or 0.159, I suppose. Nobody seems too sure, hehe.

Looks like the only updates between 157 and 159 were Bubble Bobble Redux and WARRIORS OF FATE - TENCHI WO KURAU 2 (three extra players). If those work, it’s 159. If they don’t, it’s 157.