MAME's OSD menu blurry in latest nightly

Today I upgraded from a very old built to latest windows x64 nightly (2016-11-06). One issue I’ve run into is that MAME’s OSD is now very blurry (latest mame_libretro.dll core).

I don’t know if this is an old and known issue or not. The question is: can the OSD be unblurred?

I tried with an old MAME core from 2015 and here is a comparison screenshot of the OSD with that.

… and while the old MAME core has clear text in the OSD menu it fails to load/save mame states. “error: failed to open file for save operation”. I suspect later MAME cores have another default MAME save state location but the old core tries a path that RA doesn’t give it write/read permission for? Or something like that?

The messed up GUI text is a known issue. It’s being worked on but we aren’t entirely sure what’s causing the problem. We just have a few leads.

Ok thanks. Let me tag on another MAME question here. I noticed Retroarch’s game menu for MAME games now has options for the nagscreen and more. The settings store in retroarch-core-options.cfg : mame_hide_nagscreen = “enabled” mame_hide_gameinfo = “enabled” mame_hide_warnings = “enabled”

Are those settings operational for all MAME games in RA now? That would be good news!

BTW I posted in another thread on how to disable some MAME default hotkeys with a .cfg file. I think RetroArch should by default include such a .cfg that disables the most obviously conflicting hotkeys (e.g. right analog stick resets the game) or perhaps even all MAME hotkeys. Users who want those hotkeys can then set them manually.

the nag-screen options are on a core-by-core basis. I’m not sure which ones have it which (if any) don’t.