Manually add .cue files to playlist

Hi

Is that possible ? Id like to add saturn and pc-engine cd images to my playlists, tried it, doesnt appear in the list (maybe because the crc is missing or something).

Thanks

If you look at the lpl file in a text editor, you’ll see that it’s just plaintext with a few lines pointing to the core library and the game file and then a few more lines for the ‘pretty’ names for the game/core. You can put anything in the CRC line.

Thanks for your reply, however im having hard times getting it to work. Talking PC-engine here. First, when scanning withing retroarch, it only sees a few games (which is okay, incomplete database i guess). Then I tried to manually add games to playlist.

This Works : D:\Retroarch\content\Nec_Pce\Bloody Wolf (U).pce Bloody Wolf (USA) D:\Retroarch\cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll detect detect 37BAF6BC|crc NEC - PC Engine - TurboGrafx 16.lpl

this doesnt (RA crashes when loading this playlist) : D:\Retroarch\content\Nec_Pce\Bloody Wolf (U).pce Bloody Wolf (USA) D:\Retroarch\cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll detect detect 37BAF6BC|crc NEC - PC Engine - TurboGrafx 16.lpl D:\Retroarch\content\Nec_Pce\Chew-Man-Fu (U).pce Chew Man Fu (USA) D:\Retroarch\cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll DETECT DETECT 8CD13E9A|crc NEC - PC Engine - TurboGrafx 16.lpl

Same with cue, so Im obviously missing something in the lpl structure…

Thanks for your reply, however im having hard times getting it to work. Talking PC-engine here. First, when scanning withing retroarch, it only sees a few games (which is okay, incomplete database i guess). Then I tried to manually add games to playlist.

This works : D:\Retroarch\content\Nec_Pce\Bloody Wolf (U).pce Bloody Wolf (USA) D:\Retroarch\cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll detect detect 37BAF6BC|crc NEC - PC Engine - TurboGrafx 16.lpl

This doesn’t (RA crashes when loading this playlist) : D:\Retroarch\content\Nec_Pce\Bloody Wolf (U).pce Bloody Wolf (USA) D:\Retroarch\cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll detect detect 37BAF6BC|crc NEC - PC Engine - TurboGrafx 16.lpl D:\Retroarch\content\Nec_Pce\Chew-Man-Fu (U).pce Chew Man Fu (USA) D:\Retroarch\cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll DETECT DETECT 8CD13E9A|crc NEC - PC Engine - TurboGrafx 16.lpl

Same with cue, so Im obviously missing something in the lpl structure…

The only obvious difference I can see is the all-caps DETECT in the second one. Have you tried uncapping it?

Mmmm yes but no change. This said I first had an empty line between the 2 games and THAT caused the crash. Ive removed this line (so that it matches what i have posted here, 2nd example), and it doesnt crash anymore, but Chew Man Fu is not listed as “Chew Man Fu (USA)” but as “D:\Retroarch\content\Nec_Pce\Chew-Man-Fu (U).pce” and RA tells me it cannot load the game…

Try using this utility to scan instead of doing it manually: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5010

Once you have a working playlist file, you can try to modify the names to look how you want them.

Thank you, that worked perfectly !