Manually add ROM to collection?

I have the fan-translated Final Fantasy V, which isn’t found by the Collection / playlist thingy that pulls down the artwork and so on. Is there any way I can manually do this, to get FFV included in the SNES collection, with the box art?

If the untranslated game shows up properly, you can place the translation patch (named the same as the ROM) in the same directory and it should softpatch it when you load.

The other alternative is to hardpatch and then use an external playlist utility to add it without checking against a database.

We only have official thumbnails/boxart, so you’d have to make/add it yourself, but it should show if it has the same name as the ROM 512x512px resolution(? I’m not 100% on this; just make it look like the others), ending in png.

Thanks - adding it manually with 0 as the CRC works fine.

Lastly, what about multidisk ISOs, like PSX games etc? Can they be added as a single game? When I scanned the folder it added each disk of FF7 to the Collection.

EDIT: how come the Jap boxart images are such lower quality than the US ones? Odd

EDIT 2: ah, you can just replace an image with a higher quality one and it works fine.

You can either combine your multidisc games into a single PBP image or make an m3u playlist. Neither of those will scan but you can add them manually the same way you did for the translation.

How would you go about doing this, Hunterk? What program do you recommend and do you know if it works?

Especially games like Abes Exoddus and Heart of Darkness on PS1 :<

There’s some Windows-only utility called PSX2PSP that should be able to make them for you. It’s also pretty easy to find them floating around on the internets already combined. Those are typically named EBOOT.PBP because that’s what the PSP looks for but you can rename it to WhateverGame.pbp.

I saw that program when I googled ‘PBP image’ but wasn’t sure… thank you for confirming!

Wait I’m on iOS iPhone does this matter?