Manually add roms ; allow no-intro

Hi, this is my first post:) So I used the search function and noticed the last thread about this is like two years old.

I’ve been gaming on my RasPi for some time, using RetroPie. Now I’ve built myself a passively cooled mini-ITX-computer, to use as a light desktop, mediaplayer (Kodi) and Retroarch. An all-in-one-system, that should be strong enough to also emulate n64, Gamecube and PS2.

The problem I’m facing is, I want to use all my roms that I’ve gathered and sorted over the years in Retroarch, but the System only recognizes about a third of them. Is there a way to just, for example, point all n64-emulators to my folder /home/roms/n64?

Would it be less painful to get a no-intro-romset and remove all the japanese/duplicates/waterworlds manually (could be hours for, like a GB-romset)?

I’m using Manjaro Linux (Arch-based) at the time and am on the latest Retroarch version, 1.7.6 I think.

I’d be really thankful for your help and suggestions:)

If you’re using a desktop environment, press F5 to bring up the Qt desktop UI, which allows you to just drag-and-drop to make/edit playlists. You’ll still need the filename to match the no-intro set to get things like boxart, but launching is fine either way.

Thanks! So the filename is the only thing that associates the rom with the official set? So renaming my roms would suffice to get the nice features like boxart and description?

For boxart/thumbnails, yes. I’m not sure about the description/metadata.