Many issues of Retroarch in my device (Motorola XT919)

Hi everyone, first of all I want to thank you for the work to port this great program (really, a interface for use library called libretro) to Android. I really like this, but but best of all is that I use multiple emulators into one app. I used to use emulators from Robert Broglia, but when I meet Retroarch in Android and I used, I was amazed by its configuration and use. But for some time now, I noticed some issues in my device. I note that it is the only device which can perform the tests and specifications were taken from the same, in “Information>System Information” and taken from a page specs:

Motorola RAZR D3 - XT919 Frontend identifier: android Frontend name: XT919 Frontend OS: Android 4.4 RetroRating level: -1 Video context driver: android Display metric DPI: 240.00 SDL1.2 support: No SDL2 support: No OpenGL support: Yes OpenGL ES support: Yes Threading support: Yes OpenSL support: Yes RSound support: Yes GLSL support: Yes OpenGL/Direct3D render-to-texture (multi-pass shaders) support: Yes Chipset: Mediatek MT6577T Dualcore 1.2 GHz Cortex A9 GPU: PowerVR SGX531u RAM: 1 GB

Well, my issues are these:

• I noticed some cores, when I updated, start to crashing when I load a rom. Some examples are MAME 0.78 and Mupen64Plus2.0 rc2 (for now). I fixed this using cores from 1.0.0.2 version. In case of Mupen64Plus, oddly, the old version is better than the new stable (from 20th October before I updated and start to crash). In the new version from 20th October when I load Banjo Kazooie, the text appear fuzzy with Rice video plugin, a mess of polygons with gln64 plugin and slow with Glide64; in the old version from 1.0.0.2 the text in the same game is clear and readable. Kirby 64 is another example, in the new stable version, with Glide64, the game runs fine, but the health and star bar doesn’t refresh when I take some items (like yellow stars or tomatoes). In the old version with Rice plugin, the game runs near perfect, with the player screen status (health, powers, starts) fixed. But the old version isn’t perfect, Mario Kart 64 with Rice plugin play with characters and items in white, in gln64 there is a black square around them, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time freezes when I pause the game, but the music keep playing. What’s going on? -The Emux cores (gb, nes and master system) crashes when I load a rom with them. -I can’t open some cores, like mGBA and other MAME cores. I tried everything, clean all data, uninstalling and reinstalling the app and the problems persists. When I gonna update the cores (working for now), I backup them, update them and check them if still working. I don’t like when I notice the cores are starting to crash and yesterday worked fine. By the way, I set the audio latency to 160, because when I play some games for 5 minutes, It freezes and crashes.

I really like this app, it’s amazing to play many consoles and others in one app. The emulation is more accurate than Robert Broglia payware emulators (like NGP.emu, GBC.emu, MD.emu, specially with the sound and Mega CD). For your attention, thank you very much.

Most of the problems people have with MAME come from ROMset mismatches. You need to make sure that the ROMs you use are from exactly the correct set. MAME2003 is v0.078, MAME2010 is v0.139 and MAME2014 is v0.157

I only have one rom that I play in MAME2003 (0.078) in Android and MAME2010 (0.139) in my PC: Total Carnage. It run pretty good in MAME2003 from the 1.0.0.2 version, because when I updated the core to 22th October, the core crashes.

same with you.I found these bug on my GPD XD, SoC RK3288 with android 4.4.4

1.All the emux cores crash after load content 2.jaguar core crash after load content 3.can’t load core like mame2003/mame2014/mess2014,but 2015 git cores works

but mupen64/mgba core work fine

1. the cores are too new anyway, they are brand new experimental emulators from someone close to the project, they may become great but it’s too early to tell
  2. known issue
  3. known issue, the toolchain is not exporting the symbols for pre lollipop

Thx for the reply ! Radius :wink:

Just hope the jaguar core would been fixed soon…It seems RA do the only work emulator for jaguar on android.

[QUOTE=Radius;30496]1. the cores are too new anyway, they are brand new experimental emulators from someone close to the project, they may become great but it’s too early to tell 2. known issue 3. known issue, the toolchain is not exporting the symbols for pre lollipop[/QUOTE]