Mario RPG save/load state issues

I am using a 2nd generation Fire Stick, running 1.6.7 stable using SNES9x2005. I can rarely successfully save and load states. Usually when I save, it actually resets the game. When I try to load or unload, it too resets the game. It will rarely work properly and is easily reproducible.

I apologize if this has been brought up before, I tried searching here, Reddit, and Google before posting here.

Even with that, it’s still happening. There seems to be an issue when saving the state that causes the game to restart. I have tested with other SNES games, and they don’t have this issue. I can check later tonight whether this occurs on both Windows and iOS.

Also, tested the nightly and it still occurs.

Maybe try another rom or change your savestates directory.

I can confirm this issue. Not only with the SNES9X core, but with all cores on Android. Save/load states are unreliable and won’t work half the time.

I tested this on my Note 3 with Lineage 14.1 and Slim. And on my Oneplus 5 with stock OOS Oreo, and Lineage, Pure Fusion, and some others.

Did you check what the directory location is? And does it exists and is writeable?