Marshmallow touch not working?

open the emulator the touch does not work!

Anyone know how to help me? incompatibility?

1 Like

There’s not much for us to work with from that report. Are the menus not responding to touch navigation? or are the touch controls not working in-game? If the menus, is it the default menu (white background) or the XMB menu (red background)?

1 Like

//youtu.be/dmer8grgrfI

1 Like

//youtu.be/dmer8grgrfI

1 Like

Are you using the stable release or nightlies?

1 Like

I am having the same problem. 1.3 does not work, as well as any of the nightlies. The only workaround that I’ve come up with is to install 1.2.2 and navigate the menus using a gamepad. First, install 1.2.2 from the Retroarch archives. Once the game has been started, and you want to quit or get back to the menus, do the following: Swipe from the side or bottom of the screen to get the android navigational buttons. Tap the back arrow to leave the game and enter the Retroarch menu. You will notice that neither the game pad or touch are responding at this point. Tap the circle on android navigation to minimize. Tap the square and select the Retroarch window. Your gamepad should start responding again Navigate the menus with the gamepad to savestate, load another game, or quit. Note: Retroarch may need to be installed on your system partition, not the removable SD card, even if it is formatted for internal system use. I am using a Wamopro Bluetooth Gampad on a XT1064 Moto G 2nd Gen updated to Marshmallow, with an SD Card formatted for use as internal system memory.

1 Like

Does anyone have any insight getting 1.3 to work? (Please see my post below for more info)

Does anyone have any insight getting 1.3 to work? (Please see my post above for more info)

I like libretro, so I also wanted to try Dinothawr, but I am also having the same problem with touch on my device. Dont know if that info can help at all someday down the road.

I can confirm these bugs. My phone is Moto G 2nd gen (XT1068), running Android 6.0 Marshmallow (stock firmware). My SD card is formatted as internal storage (and I somewhat regret this decision, but I digress).

If RetroArch (1.3.1, from Google Play) is installed at the SD card (which, for some reason, happens by default on my phone), then I think the app cannot uncompress the assets and was not coded to correctly handle exceptions in such case. But I can’t confirm what happens, as there is no error message on screen.

If, instead, I run it from the internal storage, I get the same behavior as those videos from sidnei55. After a bunch of seconds, it finishes unpacking the assets, but then is completely unresponsive. Touching it does not work. I have not tried using an external gamepad to control the UI.

Sidenote: sidnei55, how did you record those videos?

UPDATE: I have found a workaround for Retroarch (1.3.x) unresponsive touch on Motorola devices updated to marshmallow. Touch will not work, but if you simultaneously connect a Bluetooth keyboard and game pad, you will be able to navigate to the input settings via the keyboard by hitting the right arrow twice. Then select player 1 binds and hit enter. You will now be able to map your controller buttons. Just don’t forget to save your configurations before you exit. Interesting fact: While mapping the buttons, you can swipe the screen and Retroarch will detect it as an input, but it causes all hell to break loose when it is used in the menus. (Frantic scrolling everywhere and random letters appearing in groups of 2-3 on the top left corner of the screen.

UPDATE: I have found a workaround for Retroarch (1.3.x) unresponsive touch on Motorola devices updated to marshmallow. Touch will not work, but if you simultaneously connect a Bluetooth keyboard and game pad, you will be able to navigate to the input settings via the keyboard by hitting the right arrow twice. Then select player 1 binds and hit enter. You will now be able to map your controller buttons. Just don’t forget to save your configurations before you exit. Interesting fact: While mapping the buttons, you can swipe the screen and Retroarch will detect it as an input, but it causes all hell to break out when it is used in the menus. (Frantic scrolling everywhere and random letters appearing in groups of 2-3 on the top left corner of the screen.

I have managed to get 1.3.x to work on the removable SD card. The trick is to move Retroarch after you install, but BEFORE you open it for the first time when it extracts all of its assets. If you move Retroarch after opening it, the app malfunctions, as it cannot find key directories. Update: Deleting Retroarch.cfg post-move also works, as it causes the assets to re-exract and the creation of a new Retroarch.cfg file containing the correct paths.

I’ve also tested 2016-03-16-RetroArch.apk, no changes. See: https://youtu.be/XTL7FlUNYys I’ve also tried moving it to the SD card, and noticed that it took 4 minutes to completely unpack the assets (probably because my SD card is the slower Class 4, instead of the recommended Class 10).

Yup, I ordered a 64GB class 10 from Amazon for about 30US as soon as I found out that I can finally put everything on my phone with the new formatting options available in Marshmallow. (Still not quite as fast as the true internal memory; I’m guessing it’s a hardware limitation. Maybe the phones data bus is wired to give the internal memory more bandwidth to the CPU) It’s important to note for the developers that Retroarch worked fine on our devices before the OS update.

Me too.

My phone is ASUS zenpad Z380 KNL. I can use touch screen in menu, But when in game, the screen will not response.

So, I try a single simulator, such as drastic for NDS. the touch screen is totally working.

Then I try two single simulator: scmmVM for android and neko project II for android , It working too.

Please, help me to fix this problem.