Medafen Memory Card issue

After updating Retroarch and Mednafen-psx it seems to have started creating .mcr files in my rom directory. Is there a way to get it back to either only creating .srm files, or at least dumping the .mcr files into my savefile directory?

I’m actually having a similar problem in that it is saving my .mcr files to the system folder where I keep my BIOS files.

Now that you mention it, I just checked my system folder, and it looks like it had been putting them there and I hadn’t noticed. Only seems to be dumping it in the roms folder for me now though.

Do you have a save directory set? are you using configurations per-core or an external launcher or something like that? Edit just tested with the latest RetroArch and mednafen and it’s saving to the correct location. Tried with save sorting and without.

Save directory set: Yes Configurations per core: Yes I’m basically launching from the Linux Command Line: retroarch --appendconfig ~/configs/psx.cfg -L /usr/lib/libretro/mednafen_psx_libretro.so’

Everything works as far as saving goes, it’s just placing them in separate areas. Castlevania - Symphony of the Night.srm is in the save folder as it should be. It just dumps a Castlevania - Symphony of the Night.1.mcr in the rom folder. I’m not even sure if it’s supposed to make an mcr file anyway. If I switch Memcard 0 method to Mednafen rather than Retroarch, it dumps two mcr files in the rom directory.

Who knows. I’ll probably try reconfiguring from scratch over the weekend or something.

It’s normal that it saves one as .srm and one as .mcr. The separate locations is a problem, check your retroarch.cfg and your mednafen_psx_libretro.cfg for the savefile_directory

savefile_directory is correct in both; like I said srm saves in the correct spot, but the mcr doesn’t. I even redid all my configs from scratch, and it’s still doing the same thing. Maybe it’s a bug that only effects Linux or something.

try without configurations per-core

That made no difference, but turning on save sorting seems to fix it. Still unsure why it doesn’t work without, but good enough for me. :stuck_out_tongue: