Mednafen Beetle PSX & PSX HW Overlay bug?

I have setup all my cores to initially display an overlay (a bezel covering the screen sides) when a game starts. When i press “tilde”, the next overlay is displayed with the image of the controller.

That works fine for all cores EXCEPT mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.dll and mednafen_psx_libretro.dll

The first overlay loads correctly but when i press “tilde” to load the next overlay it shows no overlay…

Here’s my overlay config:

overlays = 2 overlay0_overlay = PSX.png overlay0_full_screen = true overlay0_descs = 0 overlay1_overlay = PSX_controller.png overlay1_full_screen = true overlay1_descs = 0

In the config files if have setup: input_overlay_next = “tilde”

So when i press tilde the second overlay loads.

This works fine for all other cores. I tested my above settings modifying the Genesis config and they work as they should, displaying the PSX.png and when pressing “tilde” the PSX_controller.png overlays. I checked another (already working) config from my NES core with the Mednafen PSX cores and the changing of overlays does NOT work with these two cores.

So it doesn’t seem to be a problem of something wrong in the config or overlay cfg files.

(Note: the PSX cores use Vulkan, but i don’t think that’s the problem)

(Retroarch 1.60 with latest updated cores)

Changed the video driver to OpenGL in mednafen_psx_libretro.dll config and now the second overlay appears, except that transparency is wrong.

But for mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.dll i need Vulkan, so please take a look at this bug… It seems that it affects mainly the Vulkan video driver.