Mednafen error: BOGUS SALAMANDERS, CAPTAIN!?

I was playing when suddenly the game freezes and gives me this weird message! Anyone can please translate this for me?

It’s an internal framebuffer(?) error in the emulated PSX GPU, it seems:

I don’t think there’s anything you can do about it, short of playing a different game.

So it’s not my computer nor the game itself?

If I use the original mednafen guess it will not make any difference right?

Do you think if I contact the author this can be easily fixed? I really wanted to continue playing this game :frowning:

Try it in standalone. I suspect it will have the same behavior. If so, you can raise an issue on their forums and see if it’s something they can fix.

The standalone gives me no error but here is the thing: after that I can’t get the error even in the retroarch version! maybe it is cause it’s a super fast racing class and sometimes it will freeze the game? Anyway it’s not that bad now!

It’s possible that it’s been fixed already in standalone, the mednafen core is not really up to date

I wish I could use retroarch as a frontend but with the latest version of mednafen cause retroarch interface it’s the best at least in my opinion! (I love how I can pause the game and go to the main menu using the xbox middle button and control everything with my controller)

The others is not easy to configure the controls and I get freezes when going to fullscreen mode. I wish I could make a request but you devs must be real busy to turn you backs to the cores and try to implement a mednafen frontend mode just for me :slight_smile: Kind of makes my curious if it’s even possible or how is the difficult to do this.

Yeah, the main dev is just busy with 1.2, once that’s out core work will be a priority again.

core work is made by the same guy? wow