Mednafen PSX - Audio, but No Video on only a couple titles

I am not sure what is causing this issue…

I’m still building my library, but as of now, both Dino Crisis 2 and Spider-Man 1 will only give me audio when they start. There is a black screen. I got Spider-Man to go in-game by hitting buttons, so I know it’s working, it’s just not rendering video.

I thought maybe changing from video driver gl to d3d would fix it, but that just makes RetroArch crash :frowning: I also tried replacing the version I had with ones from different sources, but no change.

Any suggestions?

If you are using the xmb menu driver, change it to rgui for D3D to work.

Well that explains why that only freezes on the menu…

Is rgui that black/green one? Are there any others, or just the two?

Do you think that will fix the issue I’m having? I saw some other stuff like nul and sbdl or something too.

[QUOTE=SkyHighGam3r;36437]Well that explains why that only freezes on the menu…

Is rgui that black/green one?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, try it

It looks like the files I had were bad. Despite the multiple sources I tried lol I found one that worked… That’s good to know about the drivers though. Does video run better in d3d in general? Feel like I heard that somewhere…

It depends on your pc.

As far as what? I have some seriously over-the-top performance.

It depends on drivers and specific GPUs. AMD is known for having worse OpenGL performance in Windows as compared with DirectX, but it’s never been a problem for me, so I just stick with OGL.

Ah ok, I’m running an AMD R9 390X 8GB 1.5Ghz So I don’t suspect issues anyway, I was just curious if there was a general rule or anything related to emulation. Good to know.