Mednafen PSX core issue with patched games

Hello!!

I find a problem with the Mednafen PSX HW and software cores. When I try to load games with the PS initial logo altered (the screen after the Sony boot animated logo), the BIOS CD Audio player appears (like if you put an Audio CD in the PSX). I used the cores with the recomendei BIOS files (with the same MD5 numbers). All this games with the initial PS logo altered (with the name of the author of the patch, for example) runs fine in the Mednafen standalone emulator (tested with the Windows x64 build of Mednafen 0.9.39.2). This games also runs OK with ePSXe and PCSX-R.

Thanks!!

[QUOTE=MarcoForce;52673]Hello!!

I find a problem with the Mednafen PSX HW and software cores. When I try to load games with the PS initial logo altered (the screen after the Sony boot animated logo), the BIOS CD Audio player appears (like if you put an Audio CD in the PSX). I used the cores with the recomendei BIOS files (with the same MD5 numbers). All this games with the initial PS logo altered (with the name of the author of the patch, for example) runs fine in the Mednafen standalone emulator (tested with the Windows x64 build of Mednafen 0.9.39.2). This games also runs OK with ePSXe and PCSX-R.

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

what game specifically? show cue sheet

For example:

• Winning Eleven 2002 english translation 0.8 by Walxer
  • Futbol Peruano 99 Pro (ISS Pro 98 hack)

The Cuesheet:

FILE “WE2002.bin” BINARY TRACK 01 MODE2/2352 INDEX 01 00:00:00

FILE “FP99Pro.bin” BINARY TRACK 01 MODE2/2352 INDEX 01 00:00:00

Have you tried to use ECCRegen141 to fix patched isos? Try fixing your modified isos first, then try running then in Retroarch again.

its one of those things, that retroarch’s cdrom is so picky with patched disks. i only have one patched game that has that modified boot-screen(Japanese version of SOTN->translated to english) and that was working without ecc fix. i did try to fix a Tales of Phantasia translation(even if it was working just for fun) and that made psx core just load the cd-player instead(it still works with other emulators).

so if you really want to play in retroarch with that game, then i suggest finding another patch for that game, and try it without fixing ECC.

[QUOTE=aorin1;52692]Have you tried to use ECCRegen141 to fix patched isos? Try fixing your modified isos first, then try running then in Retroarch again.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The game have no errors. Also, it can run in a real hardware too (gray PSX, PSOne and PS2).

[QUOTE=wertz;52703]its one of those things, that retroarch’s cdrom is so picky with patched disks. i only have one patched game that has that modified boot-screen(Japanese version of SOTN->translated to english) and that was working without ecc fix. i did try to fix a Tales of Phantasia translation(even if it was working just for fun) and that made psx core just load the cd-player instead(it still works with other emulators).

so if you really want to play in retroarch with that game, then i suggest finding another patch for that game, and try it without fixing ECC.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don’t know if it’s a RetroArch error or a specific core bug but the game works fine in the original Mednafen emulator and in the real console. By the way, I read this thread:

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7688

In that post, someone mentions something about an alternative CDRom driver included in the source of the Mednafen PSX core. It can be the explain of the error. Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks!!

[QUOTE=MarcoForce;52733]Yes. The game have no errors. Also, it can run in a real hardware too (gray PSX, PSOne and PS2).

Well, I don’t know if it’s a RetroArch error or a specific core bug but the game works fine in the original Mednafen emulator and in the real console. By the way, I read this thread:

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7688

In that post, someone mentions something about an alternative CDRom driver included in the source of the Mednafen PSX core. It can be the explain of the error. Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that someone was me… :smiley: psx core still has the cdrom code as alternative-its near the same as what was in standalone mednafen’s cdrom code-which is not soo picky with patched disk. if you are using 64bit windows-i can build it for you-i do not guarantee it will work though, since its somewhat the same as running ECCRegen.

@MarcoForce here, try this if it makes difference. ONLY FOR 64BIT Retroarch. includes mednafen_psx_sw and mednafen_psx_hw, built with HAVE_CDROM_NEW

https://mega.nz/#!GdwR3DAC!RWNpvgzj4SNuWDd1wBt6Dq3gQ5w0sVnX7JhO-3pyZZg

[QUOTE=wertz;52734]Yeah, that someone was me… :smiley: psx core still has the cdrom code as alternative-its near the same as what was in standalone mednafen’s cdrom code-which is not soo picky with patched disk. if you are using 64bit windows-i can build it for you-i do not guarantee it will work though, since its somewhat the same as running ECCRegen.

@MarcoForce here, try this if it makes difference. ONLY FOR 64BIT Retroarch. includes mednafen_psx_sw and mednafen_psx_hw, built with HAVE_CDROM_NEW

https://mega.nz/#!GdwR3DAC!RWNpvgzj4SNuWDd1wBt6Dq3gQ5w0sVnX7JhO-3pyZZg[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, the error persists. The CDRom driver is not the problem. So, it’s a core bug.

I’ll hope that can be fixed. It’s a excelent PSX core.

Thanks for all!!!

[QUOTE=MarcoForce;52824]Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, the error persists. The CDRom driver is not the problem. So, it’s a core bug.

I’ll hope that can be fixed. It’s a excelent PSX core.

Thanks for all!!![/QUOTE]

then its possible that the patched you used damaged some sectors of the data track, its possible to fix those but i do not know how. i have no idea how are where the psx cdrom reads data from.

is that a pre-patched game? i cannot seem to see the translation only patch of that game-what i see are pre-patched iso. would love to see whats going on, it should be just some few sectors on disc.

[QUOTE=wertz;52825]then its possible that the patched you used damaged some sectors of the data track, its possible to fix those but i do not know how. i have no idea how are where the psx cdrom reads data from.

is that a pre-patched game? i cannot seem to see the translation only patch of that game-what i see are pre-patched iso. would love to see whats going on, it should be just some few sectors on disc.[/QUOTE]

Hello!!

I have a pre-patched game and the original game with the .ppf patch. The two versions don’t work with RetroArch.

[QUOTE=MarcoForce;53595]Hello!!

I have a pre-patched game and the original game with the .ppf patch. The two versions don’t work with RetroArch.[/QUOTE]

send me or give me link of the pff patch or upload it(hopefully with the provided readme files.)

UPDATE: found the translation patch by walxer, seems like i knew why retroarch will not load this. will post after i confirm this.

Here’s a modified World Winning Eleven 2002 Names Patch 0.8 by walxer - Link -> https://mega.nz/#!vNwBTRzA!PJA0OirHUMpgBxOWd6sSo8nK5vzjzKa_4V8g63RuFhY

-use latest ppf-o-matic v3.0+ -use unmodified bin/cue copy of WE 2002 -apply patch-ignore size related prompts -test in retroarch, if it will go to cdplayer instead, use ECCRegen on cue sheet or use the modified psx core-this should work now unless you have a damaged image

let me know if this works

[QUOTE=wertz;53596]send me or give me link of the pff patch or upload it(hopefully with the provided readme files.)

UPDATE: found the translation patch by walxer, seems like i knew why retroarch will not load this. will post after i confirm this.

Here’s a modified World Winning Eleven 2002 Names Patch 0.8 by walxer - Link -> https://mega.nz/#!vNwBTRzA!PJA0OirHUMpgBxOWd6sSo8nK5vzjzKa_4V8g63RuFhY

-use latest ppf-o-matic v3.0+ -use unmodified bin/cue copy of WE 2002 -apply patch-ignore size related prompts -test in retroarch, if it will go to cdplayer instead, use ECCRegen on cue sheet or use the modified psx core-this should work now unless you have a damaged image

let me know if this works[/QUOTE]

It Works!!!

This patch is the 0.8 version but without the PS boot logo altered. After apply the patch with PPF-o-matic 3.0, it needs to be repair with ECCRegen. It runs with the official lastest PSX HW/SW core.

Thank you for your help!!!

Please repost the patch