Mednafen PSX core

The mednafen psx core once worked on my PC. Now I’m getting constant crackling regardless of settings. I’m not sure how to troubleshoot since I haven’t made any changes to my computer lately, and I’ve found no previous versions of this core or of retroarch online. I have the latest stable build of RA with the latest stable cores. Windows 8.1 64-bit. Intel integrated graphics 4000. I’ve tried some nightly builds, but the problem only gets worse with those. Anyone have a previous version of the mednafen_psx_libretro.dll I could test with? Oh forgot to mention I’ve tried several bios’ renamed to scph5501.bin, and there was no change.

Usual culprits are

• rewind
  • hard gpu sync
  • shaders
  • windows power management throttling the CPU down

Thanks for the reply, I just came up with the idea to do a system restore and that fixed the problem…must have been that d3d to opengl wrapper i tried a few weeks ago.

Alright sorry, one more question…is there any way to change psx stretch modes with v0.9.32? For example I want the FFVII overworld to stretch to full screen (I read that the overworld actually uses 224 vertical lines). Or will mednafen’s stretch modes not even accomplish this…