Mednafen PSX Crash

I’m trying to open a PSX game. They’re CUE files with a BIN File in the same folder. I got the scph5500.bin, scph5502, scph5500.bin files in the bios folder (checked if it was the right folder by seeing if Famicom’s DISKSYS.Rom works and it did). They all have the right name (I know it’s case sensitive), and I checked the MD5sum and they matched.

Yet, stil when I try to launch a game, it crashes. Without an error message.

All of those checks are good and appropriate, but the real test is to load the core (but not a game) and then go to information > core information and see if it’s recognizing your BIOS files.

If it is finding them, make sure your cue files are correct (case sensitive and everything).

It says status : Missing, Required under the netry with the bios. Which is odd considering they’re in the right folder and the md5sum is right and it worked for my famicom games 0.o. I did not know the CEU files had to be named correctly as well :o. How do I know what they’re supposed to be called?

The cue files don’t need to be named anything specific, you need to open them with a text editor and make sure they actually point to the file they’re supposed to (case-sensitive anywhere that’s not Windows).

If the MD5 sums are correct, they’re not named correctly, and that’s case-sensitive, so *.BIN is not the same thing as *.bin.

I copied the filenames from this page: http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Beetle/Mednafen_PSX#Usage. One was wrong (S instead of s at the beginning) but fixing that didn’t change a thing. It still won’t work. Maybe I am putting them in the wrong folder?

I made sure it’s pointing to the right thing now.

edit: I think it was in the wrong folder after all, I created a new folder, pointed it there and it passed. Don’t know how I did not see it, maybe I’m really tired. Either way, if that didn’t happen I wouldn’t have gotten correct bios files, the ones I had were incorrect and named incorrect.