Mednafen PSX HW - Doubts

I know PSX cores are in full development now, I just wanted to understand somethings.

I love how the OGL is so much faster, while in the main core, in software I can upscale the graphics up to 2X and keep games running at 60 FPS, some heavier titles seem to slow down depending on the situation, it does not occur in HW OGL mode, I can upscale it up to 4X and if I fast forward, it flies.

Here, I upscaled Tenchu 4x, but I only noticed later that the jagged sprites happen when I put the filter to N64 instead of bilinear.

When I turn “Display Full VRam”, the game runs like this.

One of the things I also noticed is that I can barely use any shader, most will crash.

Can PSX HW core use some smoothing shaders for sprites?

display full vram is for debugging purposes.

You could try one of the anti-aliasing shaders, like advanced-aa. We would like to add some other texture-filtering methods that might handle text and sprites a little better but there’s no ETA for that.

Nice to know that, just two new doubts I remembered now. Under Video settings, I have “Force-disable sRGB FBO”, what exactly it does or doesn’t? And, in quick menu options, in mednafen PSX, what does Frame Duping stand for? It reads (Speed Up) but what it does technically?

Force-disable sRGB FBO has to do with shader passes. It can cause rendering issues on GPUs that don’t support it, so the option is there to disable it if necessary.

I’m not 100% sure about the second one but I believe what it does is shows the same frame again if it hasn’t changed (i.e., for games that run at less than 60 fps internally).

Thanks man, much appreciated.